Respected Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

Who cares? We should wear what we please and what we can afford. Enjoy all the sparkly stones!
Respected Contributor

On 8/13/2014 ennui_too said:

Did you all know that DMQ is considered to be fashion jewelry, because the stones are synthetic? It doesn't matter if it's precious metal. I learned that today. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Considering that there are many pieces set in 14kt gold and sterling, that's shocking. I've been wondering just what the value is in Diamonique. I took a ring that I rarely wore to the jeweler to sell the gold, he didn't even give he Diamonique a second glance, just put it over to the side. I thought if it had any value, he'd have offered to check it.

Frequent Contributor

I always tell people! I even have some things that are not from QVC that people think are real and I always tell them the truth.

Contributor

For me it just depends on who it is and how I feel at the time. LOL I normally tell people it is Diamonique and add the comment that I would never buy Diamonds as I love Diamonique just as well and that is the truth. For example, if I'm in my office building elevator and a stranger tells me they love my ring or whatever and I know that person is a person of means, I will say thank you and I may throw in that I love it because I do. If I'm in the elevator and one of my co-workers asks me I would normally tell my co-worker that it is Diamonique. Or I just may leave it at thank you and that's it. It all depends. I'm always getting compliments on my jewelry. I only care about how it looks and makes me feel when I wear it.

You are not obligated to tell her if it is real or not. You love that ring and your husband bought it for you and it means a lot to you, right? You don't care if it is diamonds. It is beautiful and that is all you care about. If she asks you if it is real again you can say Yes and leave it at that after all it is real. Real Diamonique!

Trusted Contributor

If asked, I will admit it, but to blurt it out - no. None of their business. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

On 6/25/2014 suzeecat said:

I usually do. I'm a single mother living paycheck to paycheck. I don't want people thinking I'm blowing all my money on outrageous gems, or worse (stealing? conning rich old men?) I guess, bottom line, I don't want people who know me well enough to know I have limited means speculating on what I did to get that rock. Even the fakes are out of my price range these days due to the price of gold, so most of my Diamonique is way old anyway.

A couple more thoughts after reading more of your comments: I never bought Diamonique (or any fakes) with the intent to fool or deceive or pretend I have more money than I do - I bought it simply because I liked it. I agree that anyone other than a close friend would be rude to ask and that no answer is necessary. But I think that a purposely vague or sarcastic answer (nunya business) would be a dead giveaway that it's probably not "real". I always loved Dear Abby's suggested response to an inappropriate question: "Oh my! what an interesting question!" - then change the subject.

I really don't understand why you are so concerned with what other people might think of you, and I seriously doubt many women buy Diamonique with the intent to fool, deceive or pretend what their finances might be! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

From what I can see on these boards, women buy all sorts of different pieces because they LIKE them.

Just my opinion. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Valued Contributor

I own just a few DMQ items that are no more than 1 1/2 caret tw. Anything larger is just not me, so no one questions.

I really wish that QVC would offer more DMQ items that have a small & real look to the item.

Honored Contributor

I ALWAYS tell when it's diamonique.

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 di-mc said:
On 8/13/2014 ennui_too said:

Did you all know that DMQ is considered to be fashion jewelry, because the stones are synthetic? It doesn't matter if it's precious metal. I learned that today. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Considering that there are many pieces set in 14kt gold and sterling, that's shocking. I've been wondering just what the value is in Diamonique. I took a ring that I rarely wore to the jeweler to sell the gold, he didn't even give he Diamonique a second glance, just put it over to the side. I thought if it had any value, he'd have offered to check it.

CZs have no value at all.

Super Contributor

Honestly I have never had anyone ask me. I have a few pieces from long ago. I keep them because they are set in 14k gold, but I don't think they look real and am embarrassed to wear them. They also cloud easily.