Respected Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

If someone asks, I tell them the truth, because I have always made it a practice to do so. I found out as a small girl that it's too much trouble to remember what you said about something if you don't tell the truth.

But if they don't ask, there's no reason to bring it up. So I don't.

Truthfully very few people my age are that nosey!

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy quality costume jewelry containing faux stones. Pretty, sparkly, fun, and there's no attempt to fool anyone. Everyone knows those are Swarovski, not real stones. I don't wear Diamonique or other faux stones that are intentionally designed to look like real diamonds, because I have no desire to try to falsely impress others. The only reason to wear a solitaire or other classic diamond design done in faux stones is to hope other people will think I spent more than I really did and believe I own something rare and precious when I really don't. I wouldn't take any joy from that. I'd much rather my husband buy me a pretty piece of fashion jewelry or a less expensive real stone like a garnet or topaz than buy a big diamond-look stone that isn't real. The person who is questioning you about your Diamonique ring probably suspects it's a fake and wonders why you're passing it off as the real thing.

And no, you're not obligated to answer her questions or tell her what your stone is. If you're happy with it, it's certainly your right to wear it.

Respected Contributor

LOL! One time I was at the CS counter at the grocery store, buying a lottery ticket. I just happened to be wearing a sterling ring with a big honkin' round DQ stone in it. The guy at the counter said "to heck with the lottery ticket, I'll take that ring!" So I told him if my ticket won the top $$ I'd give him the ring. I laughed all the way to the car, thinking about how I'd win a million & he'd get a $70 ring.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} (Unfortunately, neither of us got our wish)

I never volunteer info about my clothes or jewelry. Good friends & family know the truth, I let everyone else wonder.

Honored Contributor

there are actually people who are rude enough to ask if a ring is real or not....to which you are under no obligation to respond one way or the other. I have many DQ pieces but have only bought those that are believable`...I get many compliments to which I say thank you.

Super Contributor

I JUST SAY THANK YOU WHEN I RECEIVE A COMPLIMENT......IF THEY WANT TO KNOW IF ITS REAL THEY WILL ASK. AND I WILL TELL........

Contributor

She probably already suspects its not really diamonds but that doesn't mean she doesn't think it's pretty. Must people especially those who work with us or know us are pretty astute. I prolly would have blurted it out already that it isn't real! Lol Ps. Poster Goodstuff, think you're on to something!
Contributor

I was at trader joes today wearing this tacori diamonique and diamonique eternity band the cashier was very complimentary about the rings. I didn't volunteer that it was diamonique but said a thank you. I think it's fun to be able to change out wedding sets and rings for the fun of it.
Super Contributor

It is real. It's real diamonique.

Honored Contributor

I own little of it and very, very rarely wear it but when I do I don't think it's necessary to tell people it's not real. I trust that most of them know, and if they don't... well, really, why would I go out of my way to point it out...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I travel with it and tell no one it is faux.