Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

On 1/13/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/13/2014 Arianny said:

Should I tell her it's not real, or just go on letting her believe whatever she believes? She didn't ask if it's real or not. Your thoughts?

Since she was so nosy, I'd let her think whatever she wants. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I always think of the person who called them "summer" diamonds. Some are diamonds, some are not. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

lol! I LOVE that saying, never heard it before.
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't tell a person they were real and let them try it on. Lol. It says CZ on the inside.
Not applicable

Well first of all, It is real.... But I dont wear diamonds... I have more beautiful pieces of jewerly then most people with real diamonds. I have not encountered anyone to ask if real... But if I would encounter that I would simply say.... Yes with lots of semtinal value from my sweatheart. He buys them all for me,

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

No one has ever asked and I do not talk about my jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I've never had anyone ask. They know I do some shopping on line, and if they asked, they know I'd tell them the truth. I don't find it necessary to try and pass off CZ's as diamonds. Besides, I find diamonds continue to shine, when CZ's might not.

Super Contributor

You have make-believe Diamonique? My Diamonique is real Diamonique.

I have no control over what other people think ... that's their problem, not mine.

Super Contributor

If asked I always tell strangers it isn't real. You never know who you're dealing with.

Among friends, I tell the truth. BTW I don't own diamonique or czs. I do own a couple of zircon and spinel pieces and have no issues telling them that's what the stone is.

Honored Contributor

On 6/25/2014 ------ said:

If asked I always tell strangers it isn't real. You never know who you're dealing with.

Among friends, I tell the truth. BTW I don't own diamonique or czs. I do own a couple of zircon and spinel pieces and have no issues telling them that's what the stone is.

Do you mean because they might try to roll you if they thought you were wearing real stones?
Honored Contributor

Sorry ------! iPad burp.
Respected Contributor

I usually do. I'm a single mother living paycheck to paycheck. I don't want people thinking I'm blowing all my money on outrageous gems, or worse (stealing? conning rich old men?) I guess, bottom line, I don't want people who know me well enough to know I have limited means speculating on what I did to get that rock. Even the fakes are out of my price range these days due to the price of gold, so most of my Diamonique is way old anyway.

A couple more thoughts after reading more of your comments: I never bought Diamonique (or any fakes) with the intent to fool or deceive or pretend I have more money than I do - I bought it simply because I liked it. I agree that anyone other than a close friend would be rude to ask and that no answer is necessary. But I think that a purposely vague or sarcastic answer (nunya business) would be a dead giveaway that it's probably not "real". I always loved Dear Abby's suggested response to an inappropriate question: "Oh my! what an interesting question!" - then change the subject.