Super Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

Sometimes I say it's white zircon or white topaz depending on the style. I have a 2ct. Solitaire, nobody's ever questioned that, but some of the more unique or pave styles, people will ask what it is. Of course, close friends know. The only fairly large stone I have I tell people the center is white topaz surrounded by tiny diamonds if they ask. I get more compliments on that ring than anything I've ever gotten from QVC.
Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2014 Pearly Shells said:

So sad to see so many people comfortable with fibbing or outright lying. Which is worse, the insensitive stranger who asks or the person who lies without hesitation?

And she who judges others without hesitation......that's really REALLY sad too. Until she's walked in another's shoes such judgement miight verge on the sanctimonious....
Honored Contributor

Oh for pete's sake............what do you answer when someone asks HOW MUCH YOU WEIGH???? The most recent number.....down to the ounce.......??????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

If some body inquires I answer ""why do you ask? You planning to mug me?""

Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2014 Pearly Shells said:

So sad to see so many people comfortable with fibbing or outright lying. Which is worse, the insensitive stranger who asks or the person who lies without hesitation?

"Lies without hesitation"? Seriously? How about "plays holier than thou without hesitation"?

Just because some fool asks a question doesn't mean you are obligated to answer it. There are a lot of people out there who ask questions that are really none of their business. If you're under oath, that's one thing, but tacky and nosy people really don't deserve to know that which we care to NOT disclose. There's a thing called boundaries, you know.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/16/2014 cyndog said: Sometimes I say it's white zircon or white topaz depending on the style. I have a 2ct. Solitaire, nobody's ever questioned that, but some of the more unique or pave styles, people will ask what it is. Of course, close friends know. The only fairly large stone I have I tell people the center is white topaz surrounded by tiny diamonds if they ask. I get more compliments on that ring than anything I've ever gotten from QVC.

White topaz does not look anything like DMQ particularly larger stones.

Super Contributor

I do for some but not for all people. Loved the show with Jane Tracey the other day. I am taking a break from ordering on Q but not from watching.

Super Contributor

Abbey, a savvy person would know that, but the average person that asks me about it doesn't. In most cases, they've never even heard of white topaz and think zircon means CZ.
Super Contributor

I always say its a nunya diamond. The person always says Nunya? Yup, nunya business!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I don't think the co-worker sounds rude. She sounds like someone who is interested in the original poster and wonders if the ring-owner might have received the ring for a significant milestone she should be congratulated for, for example. The co-worker hasn't asked if the ring is real, so there's no need to confirm or deny anything, and the original poster can just say it was a lovely gift.