Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

It depends on who the other person is. I often joke about 'all my diamonds'. Most of my good jewelry I've already given to my daughters because I don't go anywhere fancy anymore since my husband died.

Recently my friend and I were shopping at a very large mall in our area. We walked in several jewelry stores just for fun. I had on all of my fake diamonds. The fake diamonds I wear aren't real. Most of the gemstones are real.

Each time we walked into some of the stores the salespeople would come over to the two of us. I talked to them about the jewelry.

They spent all of their time talking to me about my jewelry, especially my diamonds.

Meanwhile my friend just stood nearby. The ironic thing is that my friend had on a ring she'd recently purchased that she'd paid over $5,000 for it. It was a real diamond.

Regular Contributor

I guess it would depend....I have an anklet that I LOVE, if I get asked or complimented I always say they are CZ's, but if it was my wedding band I probably wouldn't. My wedding band isn't a CZ but I did have one for a while. TBH I didn't think it looked real, and got dirty so easy.

Trusted Contributor

It is real - real Diamonique. No need to explain anything you're wearing.
Honored Contributor

I ALWAYS tell people I inherited it from a rich spinster aunt ..... and that I feel really lucky to have gotten that piece of jewelry. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

IMO, It doesn't matter whether or not YOU can afford diamonds ...... some relative left it to you in their will! LOL It's tacky to ask if the stones are real, so why not give them a story? You don't owe anyone the truth ... unless YOU want to tell.

Honored Contributor

All of my DMQ is "real", I don't have any fake DMQ. No, I don't go around announcing to the world that I'm wearing a diamond simulant. It's none of their business and I don't know anyone who is so crass as to ask. They might wonder but they would never ask. I think my DMQ (and my Absolute and my Bella Luce) pass as the real thing because I don't wear "honkers", I don't buy the over the top mega carat weight pieces. I just bought a DMQ bangle (clearance) a couple of days ago, it had scattered diamonds that were less than a carat. Many big name jewelry designers are putting diamonds in silver now, no one will question it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing diamond simulants, I just prefer the look of real diamonds.

Contributor

If someone asks..I tell 'em. I'm not trying to fool anyone or pass myself off as something/someone I'm not.
Honored Contributor

To tell you the truth.......I forget which is which sometimes. I have to look closely at the setting, and that's where the BIG difference is.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

So sad to see so many people comfortable with fibbing or outright lying. Which is worse, the insensitive stranger who asks or the person who lies without hesitation?

Honored Contributor

There's a ""none of your business"" lie...........and then there's the more ""serious"" thing.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
New Contributor

he he he...!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I also have a various Diamonique which are pretty as anyone can not believe...!

Yup! I agree that having a real carat of Diamond is quite tough to get it, of course I can afford but not as much as I need to have. Means it's really irritating to wear one thing again and again, and thats why, I have various other Jewelries which looks exactly like original and it's tough to believe that it is not original piece..Smiley Tongue and I wear it frequently. I think it's a good choice to enjoy with jewelries in a less expense...! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Thanks!

E-Jules