Trusted Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

I don't have a problem telling anyone some of my pieces are fake if they ask about them. Who cares? I'm not trying to impress anyone. I don't necessarily volunteer the info if they just say "pretty ring" or whatever and move on, but if they are loving it & wondering where I got it, I tell them. But you do whatever feels right to you. I don't think there is a "right" or "wrong" answer.

Valued Contributor

If they ask, yes.

But I wouldn't volunteer it unless they're family/friends.

Honored Contributor

Yes. Then I shoot them.

Contributor

I have a few pieces of Diamonique set in 14k, from a few years ago. All the stones are a size that looks real. I tell close friends that they are fakes but I don't go into it with strangers. I think the key to making them look real is to keep them very clean.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/14/2014 brewhaha said:

Yes. Then I shoot them.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't have any diamonique, but I get people who compliment me on my Irish red hair all the time and I happily tell them that I get my fair Irish skin from my mom, my brown eyes from my dad, and my red hair from L'Oreal. I love that I fooled them, so I'm happy to confess.

Valued Contributor

I don't own any cubic zirconia but on Q right now they are selling silver clad with CZ for $200.00 +. I would never pay anything like that for that item or any other silver/crystals. do you?
Contributor

On 1/14/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: I don't own any cubic zirconia but on Q right now they are selling silver clad with CZ for $200.00 +. I would never pay anything like that for that item or any other silver/crystals. do you?
Sing it, sister. I won't buy that stuff, either. I'd rather save the money and buy the real stuff.
Valued Contributor

I only have a couple of big splashy ones, and the couple of times that anyone complimented me on them, I told them I got them at the Q outlet, and they are simulated diamonds.

Honored Contributor

it is no one's business whether the jewelry you wear is real or diamonique.....and I am not under any obligation to tell them; why would anyone feel they must volunteer that information? I don't get that at all....anyone rude enough to ask if it is real doesn't deserve an answer IMO...I have a lot of Diamonique but each piece is very believable-looking...I think people assume it is real and compliment me all the time....so I say thank you, which is all that is necessary.