Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

I don't buy rings in DMQ and no one ever seems to ask about earrings and necklaces.
Honored Contributor

I don't buy rings in DMQ and no one ever seems to ask about earrings and necklaces.
Super Contributor

On 1/13/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/13/2014 Arianny said:

Should I tell her it's not real, or just go on letting her believe whatever she believes? She didn't ask if it's real or not. Your thoughts?

Since she was so nosy, I'd let her think whatever she wants. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I always think of the person who called them "summer" diamonds. Some are diamonds, some are not. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Or the other channel that suggests you say "absolutely" when asked if the Absolute brand is real. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Esteemed Contributor

I have several rings in absolute and diamonique. When I receive a compliment, I just say thank you.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Frequent Contributor

On 1/13/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/13/2014 Arianny said:

Should I tell her it's not real, or just go on letting her believe whatever she believes? She didn't ask if it's real or not. Your thoughts?

Since she was so nosy, I'd let her think whatever she wants. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I always think of the person who called them "summer" diamonds. Some are diamonds, some are not. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I LOVE your answer!!

Contributor

What do you gain by not telling her the truth? It's a piece of costume jewelry for goodness sake. I'd fess up.

Super Contributor

Well, the ring certainly isn't imaginary, so yes, it's real! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

I always tell them if I get a compliment. I don't want anyone thinking I have that much money. We were taught to be modest as kids. My real diamonds are one carat or less, funny I don't get compliments on those.

Honored Contributor

I cannot imagine asking someone whether or not the stone in her ring was real.

I had a colleague who use to upgrade her engagement ring about once a month. (there use to be lengthy Discover Diamonique shows every month) She told us she had a generous husband and always referred to her newest DIAMOND ring. I guess she thought she was fooling us. She wasn't.

Super Contributor

Actually, if someone is bold enough to ask me if my engagement ring is real (a stranger) I tell them it is fake. I would prefer someone to think that rather than being a target for a possible thief. Who on earth would ask someone such a personal question.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}