Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

I have a few pieces. I don't recall anyone ever asking if they are real. It is rather rude to ask.

I would not offer the information but if someone asked I would say they are not real diamonds. I doubt I would say they are Diamonique because no one I know would have a clue what that means.

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2014 ennui1 said:
On 1/13/2014 Arianny said:

Should I tell her it's not real, or just go on letting her believe whatever she believes? She didn't ask if it's real or not. Your thoughts?

Since she was so nosy, I'd let her think whatever she wants. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I always think of the person who called them "summer" diamonds. Some are diamonds, some are not. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

lol... Summer diamonds! Love that! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

I always tell. Anyone who knows me knows I am too frugal to buy real diamonds.

Super Contributor

Never Never tell. I have a Judith Ripka 4.25 carat diamonique stone as my engagement ring and get tons of compliments on it. No one has ever asked "REAL?" It looks like the real diamonds that I wear with it. It is gorgeous, if I say so myself!

Valued Contributor

Personally I think it is tacky if someone asks if it is real! Its like asking your salary...no taste. So I would let her believe whatever she thinks. If she just commented on how pretty it was it is up to you. Is it real???....it is real sterling silver and is a real stone...diamond, no, but it is real. I have a large diamond I wear, not that often now as my finger is larger than it was and I do not trust to have it resized. And I have a diamonique ring almost identical to it I wear as my daily ring. Most people comment how beautiful it is, however I have a cousin who is very nosey and asked if it was real. I smiled and said, isn't it beautiful. Lol. It is up to you, but I don't like telling my business, but I don't out and out lie. It is all up to you.
Honored Contributor

I have been a sporting a ring I got from HSN that is chocolate Absolute, get tons of compliments on it, I always tell them it is not Le
Vian, nor did it come from Jared's.

Esteemed Contributor

Tap the ring on the table and say "of course, it's real. Here it is!" Smiley Happy

I have a DQ 5 stone band that looks totally real. It's in 14K gold which helps. If anyone asks, which they usually don't since the stones are small, I just say it's cubic zirconia.

Super Contributor

Yes, I always say it's Diamonique. I have some really nice pieces from back in the day set in substantial 14K gold that look amazing and genuine; I tell people it's real gold, but the stone is a CZ.

Respected Contributor

I do not.

Anyone with a good eye knows that they are not real diamonds. Anyone who doesn't, will assume from that time on, that anything you wear, even if it is a real diamond, isn't real.

Super Contributor

I can't imagine anyone who is familiar with diamonds is fooled.