Valued Contributor

Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

Hi all. Just wondering if any of you tell people that you are wearing Diamonique, or if you let them believe it's real. I received a beautiful Diamonique ring for Christmas from my husband (my request of course!), and one of the girls in my office just noticed it today. She asked me questions (when did I get it, who got it for me), and I know she thinks it's real. I could never afford the carat weight that it is in real diamonds. Should I tell her it's not real, or just go on letting her believe whatever she believes? She didn't ask if it's real or not. Your thoughts?

Contributor

Re: Diamonique - Do you tell people it's not real?

I have some very believable pieces and if someone asks, I tell them the truth...Diamonique. I'm not a real diamond person and have always felt if I lose the piece...OH BROTHER!!

Super Contributor

On 1/13/2014 Arianny said:

Should I tell her it's not real, or just go on letting her believe whatever she believes? She didn't ask if it's real or not. Your thoughts?

Since she was so nosy, I'd let her think whatever she wants. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I always think of the person who called them "summer" diamonds. Some are diamonds, some are not. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

I always tell - I'm proud to have such beautiful jewelry and be such a savvy shopper. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

If it was someone I was close to, I would probably tell her it's not real because she's asking about it. But most of the time I would not tell anyone. No one has ever asked me.

Esteemed Contributor

Of course. That's 1/2 the fun of owning the stuff. Like saying you got a really fab sweater at Target.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

I am wearing a gorgeous diamonique wedding band with a hulking stone right now. In fact, I have several "wedding" ensembles that I change around. Most of my close friends know they are not real diamonds. I have waitresses and retail people that tell me what a gorgeous ring I have. I never tell. I just say "thank you"!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It totally depends on who's asking. One time a friend of mine said "I'll give you a hundred bucks for that diamond necklace you have on". He totally believed it was real. I said "OK" and started laughing. I told him it only cost me 60 and it was fake. We had a good laugh.

I live in a small town and everybody knows everybody. So if it is someone that thinks they are uppety up, I don't tell them. If it is someone that doesn't have much or a customer of mine, I tell them! I don't want to think I'm getting that rich from my store.

My family probably already knows and doesn't have to ask!

Honored Contributor

If someone says ""Is that real?"" My answer is""yes!"". If they say ""Real WHAT?"" I answer ""Real Cubic Zirconia!""
Valued Contributor

I would never TELL people.....a good friend just complimented me on my new tanzanite ring. I told her that it was diamonique because she is a good friend.

If someone asked me, I would think they were rude and would tell them nothing. I only had this happen to me once at work and it was a very real emerald cut diamond. I couldn't believe she asked and I told her I felt it was a very inappropriate question. She was embarrassed. I would never ask anyone if their jewelry was real...nor would I ask someone's weight, age, salary, what they paid for their home etc. I think my Mom taught me well. Again with very close friends and I only have three of them, it would be different.