Frequent Contributor

I'm really surprised when I saw Diamonique was listing under their own branding a Diamonique + colored enamel band ring(J363771) that is shamelessly the spitting image of a Judith Ripka ring(J362516) that is also available on the Q. They both have the star moon planet motif. Both have Diamonique. Both come in silver + gold clad options. JR color options are Turquoise, Pink, White...the Diamonique color options are Black, a bright shade of Navy + Pink. Granted price point is different also JR is <$80 Diamonique is <$50. I'm just surprised JR would stand for that. It seems quite ballsy of the Q to do something like that.

Respected Contributor

Re: Diamonique + Copycat Design

Yes they are similar and they both 'borrowed' the idea from Hidalgo!

Honored Contributor

The rings are not a splitting image.  For one thing the insides are very different from one another.  One is solid while the other is designed.  Love that design btw.

Q's ring looks like a better quality ring.  As the saying goes, "Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

So many, many copies of all sorts of things no matter what we're buying.  Maybe when someone is paying really big money there are fewer copies, but that's never been true for anything I've purchased.

I have exactly one piece of JR and it's barely different from so many rings in other jewelry brands sold by the Q and elsewhere.  I bought it because I liked the green stones and just hadn't seen them elsewhere.  Otherwise, it could be anyone's design.

Honored Contributor

The last JR piece I bought, a station necklace, was so cheaply made it was obvious. Sent it back and don’t even look at her things now. I have several pieces from a few years ago that are beautiful and well-made. I wear them all the time, but they must have really cut costs to produce anything like I received.
Honored Contributor

The JR ring is more intricate in the details. But they are very similar in that they both have the same theme and are both enameled.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grayhairdontcare wrote:

I'm really surprised when I saw Diamonique was listing under their own branding a Diamonique + colored enamel band ring(J363771) that is shamelessly the spitting image of a Judith Ripka ring(J362516) that is also available on the Q. They both have the star moon planet motif. Both have Diamonique. Both come in silver + gold clad options. JR color options are Turquoise, Pink, White...the Diamonique color options are Black, a bright shade of Navy + Pink. Granted price point is different also JR is <$80 Diamonique is <$50. I'm just surprised JR would stand for that. It seems quite ballsy of the Q to do something like that.

QVC is just competing with itself. Smart move. They can up price when using JR’s name and they can make both rings in the same factory. They can get ideas from Hidalgo and from Lauren G Adams. Many companies have different lines with price points targeted for different clientele. 

Honored Contributor

That's because they both bought those rings from the same jewelry manufacturer.  Evine and JTV are probably selling it too.