Frequent Contributor

Diamonique, Absolute, Peace, Fire Light, Moissanite...

I was watching ShopHQ last night and saw their presentation of Peace Diamonds.  I'm clueless about lab grown, etc.  So I looked online at lab grown diamonds, and found an article that said most of the people buying engagement rings these days buy lab grown.  Is Diamonique lab grown?  What is the difference between Diamonique, HSN's Radiance/Absolute, Moissonite, Peace Diamonds, etc.?  Is there any difference?  I've always felt the gold was the real cost in any of these rings -- not the natural mined diamonds, of course, but of all these mutations of it.  Anyone have any clear idea on the differences?

Respected Contributor

Re: Diamonique, Absolute, Peace, Fire Light, Moissanite...

Diamonique is a brand name for cubic zirconia simulated diamond. Diamonique is not a lab grown diamond. Every shopping channel seems to have their version of Diamonique.  In my opinion Diamonique is worth nothing, except for the setting .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are all lab grown. The difference is in their chemical structure and their refractive indexes (sparkle).

Lab diamonds (Fire Light) and Moissanite are graded just like natural diamonds. Cubic zirconia is not graded and that includes Diamonique and Radiance by Absolute. 

Natural diamonds contain trace amounts of nitrogen. Lab diamonds do not and that can be tested to determine their origin...lab or natural.

I like charts. Here's one that you may find helpful:

(they misspelled zirconia)

Moissanite vs cz vs dia | The Gem Smith

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

A jeweler once told me that lab grown diamonds have the same properties has earth mined. They are just grown in a lab instead of thousands of years in the earth. They look the came under a loop.

Whereas, Diamonique,  Absolute, Bella Luce are cubic zirconia.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@SAM55   Go to Wikipedia and look up Moissanite.  It has a very interesting background.  Quite different from the others you mentioned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have a pair of 2ct tw 14k Moissanite earrings I bought from a local jeweler. They

are GORGEOUS. 

Esteemed Contributor

Moissanite is pretty and refractive, but it has a yellow hue to it. I'm not a fan of it for that reason. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

My Moissanite pieces are all very white, no yellow in them at all. I think the older Moissanite stones did have some off color to them but now the recipe has been out and perfected so most of the newer stones are colorless. But I'm sure there are still some yellow ones out there. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Effie54 

My Moissanite pieces are all very white, no yellow in them at all. I think the older Moissanite stones did have some off color to them but now the recipe has been out and perfected so most of the newer stones are colorless. But I'm sure there are still some yellow ones out there. 

@SilleeMee I ordered a Charles & Colvard Moissanite ring years ago and it was awfully yellow. I ended up returning it. When I watch JTV and they have Moissanite shows, theirs are yellow too. Your white Moissanite pieces must be gorgeous! The refractive light is gorgeous. 

Honored Contributor

When Covard & Charles was making all the Moissanite, they had different qualities.  The lesser quality sometimes had a yellow tint.  I don't see that in the newer stones.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment