Honored Contributor

Re: Designer - Dallas Prince

Both of their lines of jewelry are often rather large.  I like big rings because I have short chubby fingers!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

As @Annabellethecat66   stated Dallas Prince was on HSN for a brief time and so were the Ramseys, Laura and John. This was after ShopNBC severed their ties with some of their vendors who specialized in fine jewelry.  Connie Craig Carroll was the host for Dallas the few times I saw her. One day I was thinking that I hadn't seen Dallas in a while and when I checked the HSN site her few remaining items were all on sale. Shortly after she reappeared on Evine.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

I have a few DP cut gemstone pieces and love them all.  Her gold over sterling doesn't wear off or discolor like Chuck's does, or so my experience.  I don't care much for DP's bold beaded designs, though.

Honored Contributor

@author wrote:

I have a few of her pieces from when Evine was ShopNBC; lovely.   I don't think she was ever at HSN.  

She was a few years back for a very short time @author.  Saw just a couple of her shows on HSN.  Thought she must have had a contract dispute for awhile with ShopNBC then went back.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012

Thanks!  I must have blinked and missed her at HSN!

Occasional Contributor

Actually, she is back on Evine. It used to be ShopNBC. In its day, it had the best jewelry and jewelry designers on any TV channel anywhere - and many brick and mortar stores, as well. I have jewelry from those years that I could never afford again. Their specialty was gold (one of the owners had ties to the gold community) and their designers haven't been matched anywhere yet. Dallas Prince was one of them. She went to HSN after a big shake-up at Shop. They fired all their best hosts (except for one) and started dumbing down their selections. That's when I went to QVC. I've been reading on the forums that Judith Ripka is going to HSN (don't know whether she is staying at QVC or not). After SHOP lost their merhcandising pizazz, I discovered Ms. Ripka on the Q and was a good customer. Unfortunately, I was limited in my purchases because all of her wonderful cuffs were too big. A few years ago, she started offering Extra Small sizing in her bracelets, and I became a very good customer!  Sadly, that size has disappeared. There hasn't been an Extra Small size offered in months. After giving "Feedback" several times and writing to hosts, I have finally decided to boycott those designers who do not offer my size. The Q is so proud of the fact that it charges the same price whether you are a regular size or a plus size (and I'm glad of that even though I am not a plus size), but punishes those customers who have small wrists or ring sizes. How about some equal treatment? And finally (and thanks for sticking with this!), those adjustable bracelets are now the only choice available to those of us with the need for Extra Small bracelets. They may look cheap to some people, but  I'm seeing those clasps on David Yurman bracelets and the pieces of other high end designers as well.

Super Contributor

I still think whoever designed the bolo bracelets is a genious. Many started with mystery metal or silver. Now you can buy them with diamonds, gemstones and in your choice of gold. I love them and so does my Mom and daughter so I'll continue to buy them.

Most women these days shop online so I think every designer that makes bracelets should offer them in an X small. If you go to a regular jewelry store you have one choice, 7 in. You might luck out and be able to get an 8 in sometimes. But I've never seen a mall jewelry store that offers small, an especially x small.

You need to listen to your customers QVC and designers. There should be choices from

x small to extra large so every woman can wear your beautiful bracelets.

Respected Contributor

@SuSu

Judith Ripka is not leaving QVC.  QVC now owns HSN so you will probably start seeing QVC vendors on HSN.  According to Rick Domier Judith Ripka is the most successful designer of all time on QVC.  Clarks and Dooney both have had shows on HSN.