Honored Contributor

Deja Vu This jewelry day mimics those of 20 years ago

With higher prices of course.  Basic stones, basic settings.  I won't use the word disappointed, but I'm hoping for something spectacular.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Deja Vu This jewelry day mimics those of 20 years ago

Spectacular costs to much.

Honored Contributor

29 years ago I bought tanzanite 'cause it was scarce. Still is.

Respected Contributor

Most of what I have seen today is something that I would have worn 20 yrs ago but not so much today.  Styles have changed (not that I follow every trend)  I feel like the whole "necklace, earrings and braclet set is very outdated.  As well as the clear gemstones, I have discovered that I now prefer the opaque stones

Just my opinion

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@depglass  The trouble is, after you've collected jewelry for years, you have some nice pieces and much of what TV shopping sells are "beginner" pieces for people who have little.  That's when it's time to seek other sources for your jewelry. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Qvc has their "Vault Discoveries" for something more unique. Most of it is expensive and a lot of it, not all, is set in 14K gold.

https://www.qvc.com/content/jewelry/vault-discoveries.html?redirectTerm=vault+discovery

Respected Contributor

It just all looks the same. At heart I guess I'm still a Silver Style girl spending a Sunday morning with Jill Bauer. Enjoyable. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

That's a good word for it, "beginner pieces."  Yes, I have many sources for jewelry, other channels and local auctions.  But I always watch gem days, hoping for a wow piece or a great bargain.