Valued Contributor

You are forgetting those of us in the middle when the new offerings are $7000 earrings or beads on a string.  Good basics at a decent price are almost impossible to find on QVC. And if you are raising price points then please tell us the country of origin!  Tell us why a small carat citrine ring is now thousands of dollars.  The designs are also kind of ordinary...how about designers in gold other than Judith Ripka?  So far with both your gold buyer and gem buyer of decades gone I am not impressed with what is being offered...perhaps better is en route?

Honored Contributor
Personally, Barbra Bixby my favorite designer. BF gave me beautiful enhancer. I have two items from Qvc. Purchased several as gifts. Every single one comes from Thailand. Think this is becoming increasingly difficult finding. Never buy jewelry from China.
Esteemed Contributor

While I "get" not buying food products from China, what is your problem with buying fine jewelry from China?  They have a well educated workforce and an abundance of fine craftsmen.  Btw they have had access to fine craftsmen for a very long time (several times as long as the USA has been in existence).  I don't agree with their political system but facts are facts.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

While I "get" not buying food products from China, what is your problem with buying fine jewelry from China?  They have a well educated workforce and an abundance of fine craftsmen.  Btw they have had access to fine craftsmen for a very long time (several times as long as the USA has been in existence).  I don't agree with their political system but facts are facts.

Perhaps it's supporting "made in USA" products to provide jobs and income here.

Honored Contributor

@junera wrote:

You are forgetting those of us in the middle when the new offerings are $7000 earrings or beads on a string.  Good basics at a decent price are almost impossible to find on QVC. And if you are raising price points then please tell us the country of origin!  Tell us why a small carat citrine ring is now thousands of dollars.  The designs are also kind of ordinary...how about designers in gold other than Judith Ripka?  So far with both your gold buyer and gem buyer of decades gone I am not impressed with what is being offered...perhaps better is en route?

You should mayber try other channels.  Especially Evine they seem to give more detail on presentations of jewelry.  When I cannot find something on Q I go somewhere else.

Honored Contributor

I don't even watch Q jewelry shows anymore because their selection is the pits.  The choice of settings and gemstones is way behind the times.  Try Evine or Jewelry TV; even HSN trumps QVC. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

ii buy a lot from bluenile.com.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dear buyers of jewelry

[ Edited ]

Q's gold jewelry inventory has been horrible for a decade or more. The prices of other items sold are nowhere near comparable to other retailers.   I gave up and stopped watching Q at all 3-4 years ago.  

I just happened to see Imperial Gold on the January gold show and it piqued my interest. That's the only gold jewelry that I would consider buying from Q these days.  I have some from the old days but always regretted not getting a certain piece.  I'll grab it if they offer it or something similar again.  

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Q's gold jewelry inventory has been horrible for a decade or more. The prices of other items sold are nowhere near comparable to other retailers.   I gave up and stopped watching Q at all 3-4 years ago.  

I just happened to see Imperial Gold on the January gold show and it piqued my interest.  That's the only gold jewelry that I would consider buying from Q these days.  I have some from the old days but always regretted not getting a certain piece.  I'll grab it if they offer it or something similar again.  

Couldn't agree more! I pretty much stopped buying when the gram weight was omitted from most of the gold items. 

Fortunately I already have a nice collection of yellow, white, and tricolor gold items from the glory days of Q gold.

Honored Contributor

The offering in jewelry on QVC anymore is rarely my taste. I buy elsewhere. I don't actually need to buy any jewelry anymore as I have more than I can wear - and in my casual retiree lifestyle I usually only wear a cross , my wedding ring and a small bead or stud earring.