Honored Contributor

Re: DeBeers Sales Fall 25 percent

Why wear diamonds with sweat pants and t-shirts?  Why buy an engagement ring when you are living together and may or may not get married.  Anyway, there are the children to buy for.

Why buy a diamond engagement ring when you are living a t home and don't have to?????

Honored Contributor

Times have changed. All the young people in our church have went with semi precious stones. They can't afford thousands of dollars diamond rings.

Even Royalty, like Fergie's kids chose a pink sapphire. Diana passed down the corn flower blue sapphire to the boys and now Kate wears it.

Fergie had a ruby back when. Movie stars are choosing stones other then

diamonds too.

To me semi precious will always be dinner rings/cocktail rings. I'm over the hill , though, so, I'm still diamond oriented. LOL

Honored Contributor

Moissanite = cruelty free, affordable, diamond-like quality

Priorities have changed over the years for newly weds.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  Don't kid yourself. Some of those colored stones are as pricey, or more so, than most diamonds. I have a couple very, very expensive colored rings (not cocktail rings) which were far more expensive than my weddings rings. Both were gifts from my husband. Today each of those rings are exquisite and valued far and above any of the diamonds I own. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

I've always loved diamonds so it would be great to see a 25% decrease on them.

It's so true that many couples today are buying much less expensive gem stones instead of diamonds for their engagement and wedding rings. Morganite seems to be the stone a lot of brides are choosing. You can get a beautiful wedding set with a nice sized stone for around $2000. You would pay $5000 or more for a nice 1 ct diamond.

Goingbacktocali. Thank you for posting this. I'm with you. If diamond prices do drop, yay!!!

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE
You're not over-the-hill, my dear...I am diamond-oriented too! It's just a generational difference....that's my story, anyway, because I refuse to admit I'm old!!
@Remar
You're welcome...An oversupply of diamonds is a good day, I'd say! 💎
Honored Contributor

DSC00004 (Small).JPG

I'm satisfied......................

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE
Stunning!! 💜🧡🧡💜
Honored Contributor

@SharkE Simple, classic, and stunning!

@SharkE wrote:

DSC00004 (Small).JPG

I'm satisfied......................

Respected Contributor

With all the rich people who got tax cuts, you would think they would be buying diamonds to go with their planes and yachts. I guess they are investing in stocks. The rich get rich and the poor get children.