New Contributor

DMQ watches - I'm impressed!

In 2008 I purchased a TSV - a diamonique silvertone tank watch. I think it was just under $100 and I didn't expect much. I loved the look of it on TV but I figured any watch that wasn't at least $700+ wasn't worth much by way of excellent quality. Yes, I was one of those people that assumed if it cost more it was for a darn good reason. I was 25 at the time..give me a break. This DMQ watch has held up beautifully - I've had it for 4 solid years, I have not been gentle or kind to this watch, it's been submerged in running water quite a few times and I've only had to replace the watch battery twice. The thing still looks AMAZING and the diamonique side stones look great too.

Now my 30th bday is coming up and I wanted a new watch. Similar style to the tank (and I would be getting another one if they still made it) but I wanted to go BIG with my purchase. I was looking at Tags, Frederique, Bulova, Movado, etc. I almost put $1050 down yesterday for a watch....until they told me it only came with a limited 2 year warranty. 2 years? My $80 DMQ watch has lasted me 4 years with no issues.

Perhaps turning 30 isn't a time to spend a fortune on myself...perhaps it's now time I start making better decisions.

To wrap this up....I'm not getting some expensive watch that looks cheaper than my DMQ and probably performs just as well. I highly recommend these watches!