Regular Contributor

Thank you for this post, I felt the exact same way.  I got around purchasing a wedding "set" by purchasing a 2 ct. solitaire in a cushion & emerald cut (2 rings).  They also offered an eternity band with baguettes and rounds.  When put together, they were almost identical to the wedding set you are referring to.  It takes a bit of searching to find the rings, but well worth it.  I think I spent less than $50 on the 2 rings, the band and the solitaire.  Of course, I had to go overboard and purchase another solitaire in the cushion cut.  It was about $25.  Still, even doing that, I spent less than the $90 for the wedding "set". 

Super Contributor
Just received the tennis bracelet with the magnetic clasp. So flimsy and cheap!
Not the same quality as yester year, that's for sure! 😟
Honored Contributor

@Fur Dude wrote:
Just received the tennis bracelet with the magnetic clasp. So flimsy and cheap!
Not the same quality as yester year, that's for sure! 😟
So agree!! 😥
Contributor

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's post.  I have several pieces of Diamonique - purchased from the late 80s until around the mid 90s.  My first piece was a pair of 2ct, 1ct each ear - 14k yellow gold.  They are still as sparkly as ever, and I wear them almost daily, I also have a nice silk fit eternity band, it's lovely too ... but I have to clean it constantly.  I always went for 14k gold, not plated. 

I also have a 5 stone oval band - it looks good, but I don't think they were cut all that well, and a 1ct with side stones engagement ring ... this was my last purchase, and biggest disappointment.  I don't remember if it's the 100 facet cut or not, but the center stone looks pretty glassy, though sparkly.  The setting is super light, and flimsy.

I think, that good, realistic, Diamonique is a thing of the past. 

Super Contributor

I have two pairs of those 1/2 carat TW earrings in 14K (one white, one yellow) and I love them -- I wear them in my second set of ear piercings when I wear a hoop.

I like the 1CT TW earrings when I wear a single stud, and they seem to be hard to find as well (they just had an asscher cut the other day and I grabbed it). The Q seems to be going for 2 TC TW earrings. I'd like a pair in rose gold (even gold over sterling), but I never see them.

I wish they'd bring out smaller studs in colors that I could wear in my second piercings. They used to be ubiquitous on all three channels, and now you never see them.

Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't more. Why are they letting Diamonique quality slide?

Esteemed Contributor

Diamonique is a SIMULATED diamond...or a diamond stimulant. It has the appearance of a diamond but not the chemistry. It is cubic zirconia . CZ is not as hard as a diamond. It also has other different characteristics; refractivity, carat weight. There are SYNTHETIC diamonds. They have the same chemistry and properties of natural diamonds. They are made of carbon. They are a 10 on the  Moh's Hardness  Scale. They cleave into five parts as natural diamonds do. They have the same refractivity, density, carat weight as natural diamonds. 

New Contributor

Please bring back more solid 14k rings and other pieces that had the quality you had in the 1990's. The epiphany platinum glad is crappy, the plating wears off  and can't be repaired by the jeweler. The 14k solid gold pieces of today are less weightier than the solid gold pieces of the 1990's. Please bring back quality solid 14k gold pieces! People will pay for quality! Bring back the quality. get rid of the electroplated pieces that wear out. Bring back the Q that stands for quality. Thank you! 

New Contributor

Yes! I totally agree! I loved the shows on Sunday night that actually had real 14k solid gold pieces. I still have them and they are so beautiful compared to the quality of today's diamoniqe metals and plating.

Also a long time Diamonique Customer - have many pieces.  My favorites are the 14K rings, have many.  I noticed my rings (with the exception of maybe one), have now become cloudy, and will not come clear with cleaning.  I don't know if this is what these manufactured stones normally do, but I do not buy Dimonique anymore, although they are all in 14K gold, that is still beautiful, the tones ruin the rings.  So disappointed with this product, not what it is advertised to be.  

One of my cluster rings have lost a stone (it is maybe 10 or so years old), it is one of my favorites, have a small stone missing.  I was watching the Diamonique show today and notices the "lifetime guarantee".  I thought about my pieces with a missing stone and called to inquire about how I might take advantage of this guarantee.  I was given the runaround, the rep, claimed I have over 5  accounts with them,  I only have one that I know of.  I found an old receipt with my customer order on it and when given to rep she found me.  Bottom line the guarantee is not a real guarantee, only cover the stones with several provisions.  I will be returning the ring, the tennis bracelet that has a bad setting is not guaranteed.  I will no longer buy this brand, or shop with QVC.