Contributor

My jeweler took that into consideration and it didn't change anything.  They are consistently smaller than what they say they are.  Also QVC makes a big deal that the carat size is the equivalent to the size of a diamond meaning the weight doesn't matter it's supposed to be the same size. Yes different cuts measure and look different.  We compared same cut to same cut.  

Please make smaller ctw in solitare rings - 1/2 to 3/4 ctw.

Valued Contributor

@kat7 wrote:

I do not know about everyone else but the diamonique they offer today does not compare to what they use to.  I love the Epiphany but we do not get a new ring that often.  I have been a qvc shopper for 30 years.  The diamonique does not wow me anymore like it use to.  Bring back the diamonique of before and have regular shows like you use to have, mainly on Sunday nights.

@kat7 wrote:

I do not know about everyone else but the diamonique they offer today does not compare to what they use to.  I love the Epiphany but we do not get a new ring that often.  I have been a qvc shopper for 30 years.  The diamonique does not wow me anymore like it use to.  Bring back the diamonique of before and have regular shows like you use to have, mainly on Sunday nights.

I wish QVC would bring back the shows again. I especially liked the 4 hrs. with K. Levine and J. Crowell

Valued Contributor

The old shows with Lisa Mason were the best! She was so relaxed and professional. I've also noticed she was one of the hosts that would let you know DMQ was guaranteed. I don't hear that anymore, but I miss some of the DMQ shows. Is QVC trying to phase out the guarantee? Like I said, it's possible I've missed it said.

Respected Contributor

I miss the Colors of Diamonique shows

and all the variety of the pieces.

I think the stones are still

guaranteed.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

@yellow919 wrote:

Victoria Weick has lovely simulated stones on HSN and they are set in sterling and vermiel.  Very lovely and unique designs.  JTV has beautiful pieces also.  HSN has awesome clearance prices if you want to try one.  I have a ring from Tacori that I purchased from Q.  It is nice but does not have that sparkle. 

NAT:  Victoria Weick has lovely simulated stones on HSN and they are set in sterling and vermiel.  Very lovely and unique designs.

Very true, that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cottage Rose wrote:

I agree!  Sad to say my Diamonique annivesary ring set in 14 kt. gold has become cloudy after wearing it daily for several years.  What I don't get is I thought synthetic diamonds (Cubic Zirconia) were chemically the same as real diamonds...so if that was the case Diamonique should not wear out like this. 
So it would be reasonable to say Diamonique not really quality CZ. Man Sad
I would appreciate QVC responding to this.

I have a number of the older 14k Diamonique rings and have to say that they sparkle and twinkle just like my real diamonds, however I have to point out that I noticed many years ago that they do get cloudy/dirty far faster than my real stones.  But I've kept them clean, cleaning the stones gently when they need it and they are still gorgeous and look real....  The newer diamonique stones DO seem to act differently. But I'd still buy Diamonique in .25 each 14k studs if the 14k was substantial/thicker around the stone!!  Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

One more thing.... years and years ago I purchased the 5 stone Anniversary Band in 14k gold and the stones became cloudy.  When I really looked at the stones, they were badly scratched on the top.  I wondered how this could have happened when Diamonique stones are perported to be almost the same chemistry as real diamonds (hardest stone on earth).....  QVC was wonderful and replaced the ring!!  But a few years later, same thing started to happen with the new ring.  So while Diamonique (old or new) does not hold up like real Diamonds..... just don't and if your stones are cloudy it may be due to scratches on the stone.....  Woman SadWoman Surprised

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*

I am new to the Diamonique family but this may help.  I read on a diamond site that stones are not only measured width wise but depth wise.  So your may have a wide stone that looks like a karat isn't as deep but if your karat looks smaller it is probably a deeper stone.  That kind of made sense to me.  What do you think?

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4U wrote:

My FIRST purchse on the Q over 20 years ago was a pair of 1/2 total weight 14k studs.  I LOVED them.  Lost one of them this year and wanted to replace them.  First of all, I can't find anything in 1/2 carat total weight (1/4 carat each ear).... and the larger stone earrings when I finally decided to buy them had tinny looking 14k around the stone. Very thin gold and very large stones.

That's all I want is a pair of tiny, believable 14k diamonique earrings that have the same gold weight and quality (the size of the prongs are extremely important).  I know I won't be paying $35.00 again for them.... but please, bring them back.  Not everyone wants a half carat in each ear!   Woman Happy 

@Q4U I know what you mean. I own those 1/4 carat earrings, in white 14k gold and yellow 14k gold. I bought them from Steve Bryant about 100 years ago. I also bought the 1/2 carat in each ear in 14k yellow gold. They were so inexpensive and the settings were nice and sturdy. Even the backs were 14k gold. I don't think we'll ever see that again!

“When you can laugh at yourself no one can ever make a fool of you.”

~~Joan Rivers~~