New Contributor
I have cleaned my ring with jewelry cleaner. It makes no difference.
Respected Contributor

I have only bought 1 item of Diamonique jewelry. It was a pair of stud earrings - they were a 1ct set, so 1/2ct  in each stud. I gave them to my daughter - as she wanted diamond studs, and could not afford them at the time - she wore them  everyday, cleaned them once a week, and took them out to shower or swim. They looked pretty - as she did not wear any real diamond necklace, usually just a silver chain with a silver cross on it. The finish lasted, the earrings themselves lasted - until she replaced them with some aquamarine studs she received for her birthday. But, then again - this was several years ago - so I can not comment on the diamonique stones or the finish on the metal now...

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Over the years I have purchased a lot of Diamonique, but as of late, the last couple of purchases have been disappointing.  I returned one ring because it was cloudy from the get-go.  The other one I waited too long and never wear it.

I do enjoy watching the shows though, just to keep abreast of the latest styles.

@pommom.

I have a diamonique ring that I wear on my right hand because it is just a plain band with some diamonds when I am not wearing other rings.  It got very cloudy through about.  I tried cleaning it with jewelry cleaner, to no avail.  During the past few years I had a lot of dental work done, removing teeth and getting implants.  While awaiting the implants I wore "flippers" which I cleaned with denture cleanser.  It took me about 2-1/2 years to get everything done so needless to say I had a lot of flipper cleanings.  I would usually have my rings on and just dunk the water from the plastic cup into the sink and occasionally it splashed onto my hand.  I noticed how it brightened up my diamonique.  Now I do this about every 2 weeks.  You might try it.  Dental tablets are sold in such large quantities that even so I stll have some left from the large supply I bought but they are dwindling down, so I will buy more just to clean jewelry.  Who knew!  I told my mani/pedicurist who swears by it for hands and jewelry.

Respected Contributor

@namealreadytaken wrote:

@pommom wrote:

Over the years I have purchased a lot of Diamonique, but as of late, the last couple of purchases have been disappointing.  I returned one ring because it was cloudy from the get-go.  The other one I waited too long and never wear it.

I do enjoy watching the shows though, just to keep abreast of the latest styles.

@pommom.

I have a diamonique ring that I wear on my right hand because it is just a plain band with some diamonds when I am not wearing other rings.  It got very cloudy through about.  I tried cleaning it with jewelry cleaner, to no avail.  During the past few years I had a lot of dental work done, removing teeth and getting implants.  While awaiting the implants I wore "flippers" which I cleaned with denture cleanser.  It took me about 2-1/2 years to get everything done so needless to say I had a lot of flipper cleanings.  I would usually have my rings on and just dunk the water from the plastic cup into the sink and occasionally it splashed onto my hand.  I noticed how it brightened up my diamonique.  Now I do this about every 2 weeks.  You might try it.  Dental tablets are sold in such large quantities that even so I stll have some left from the large supply I bought but they are dwindling down, so I will buy more just to clean jewelry.  Who knew!  I told my mani/pedicurist who swears by it for hands and jewelry.

Those dental tablets are also great for cleaning old perfume etc. bottles if you are a glass collector. I used them to get the glass stopper out of a beautiful old bottle of perfume that had been stuck for years.I just soaked it for a day and out it came. And yes it works great on my diamonique too!

New Contributor

I agree with you, Diamonique is not the quality it used to be. 

Honored Contributor

I love my Diamonique and have only had one eternity band set in 14k turn cloudy, I turned that into cash for gold. I just bought the special solitaire ring they are promoting so hopefully that will hold up. I try not to get my jewelry wet or wear it when I garden or clean house.

Esteemed Contributor

No matter what we are told I do not think it is meant to be worn all the time.My Diamonique is many years old and has not cloudied ( I think I just made up a word).

Only cash is cash.
Super Contributor

To Q4U.

You can get a pair of CZ stud earrings in real gold from Walmart. I have 2 pairs, one white gold and one yellow gold. I think they were around $18. They are not the great big stones but the smaller ones that look very believeable. The prices here for DMQ in real gold is way to expensive.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the denture cleaner tip.  I will give it a try.  

What usually works wonders for me when cleaning my pieces of Diamonique is a mixture of rubbing alcohol and water.  It is great for cleaning mirrors and windows in my home and on my car leaving no streaks when condensation sets in.  The rings comes out so shiny and brilliant.

I tried this solution on the cloudy ring.  Didn't work which really surprised me.  Live by the rubbing alcohol and water solution.  My opthalmologist recommended using it on my eye glasses.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

I don't know if this story qualifies on this thread, but here it goes. How do you think I feel when I purchased the bridal set that "resembles" and I use the word lightly. like Shawn Killingers' for over $90 with tax and s.h. Then Shawn presented a solitaire ring a couple weeks ago for $23 and change. The $23 one looks better than the $90 set. I feel so burned about that now & it is too late to return Shawns bridal facimile. How can the Q justify that huge mark up even if it's a 2 piece set? It's still Epiphany and sterling silver. No rhyme or reason on this one except that Shawn's name is in the mix.