Contributor

This will probably get deleted by QVC but has any one else noticed that the rings that Shaun presented the pick color, pick cut ones are not the size they should be?  They are smaller than the carat weight stated by quite a bit. Just wondered if any one else has noticed.

Occasional Contributor

YES, THE RINGS ARE REALLY PRETTY BUT I AGREE ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE STONES. 

Contributor

Took a couple of new ones I ordered to my jeweler and he measured them and they were way off the number of carats they were supposed to be.  

Respected Contributor

OMG... You are right. I thought my ascher cut ring in a 2 carat looked smaller than a 2 carat, but didn't measure it against another ring I have. Sure shootin it's smaller. I wonder what's up with that? I know the cut on my ascher is a lot better than the cushion one I received that resembles Shawn's solitaire cushion. Things sure are not the same from when I started shopping QVC back in "95" Somebody is sleeping at the wheeL.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a black hills gold ring with three diamonique stones I purchased from Q when black hills gold still had presentations.  The ring is lovely.  I do not wear it much but the stones are still beautiful, but like I said it was a few years ago.  I miss the black hills presentations.  There are not a lot of places where you can purchase black hills gold.  I know Q still has the pieces on their site but it would be nice to have a TS once in a while.

Honored Contributor

The cubic zirconia stones are better and the cutting is better than it was back in the distant past.  But the settings were better years ago.  I have Diamonique in 14k.  I have stud earrings in real platinum.  But that was then and this now.  Q doesn't need to attract customers with cubic zirconia anymore.  That helped build the company but it's obvious that Q put jewelry on the back burner quite a while a go and their c z line isn't going to get a lot of tv time.  But there is a lot of it online.  Also Jewelry Television has a big assortment.  Don't forget, all shipping channel c z jewelry comes from the same vendors.  They just give it their own fancy name.  J t v has better prices, more styles and more realistic carat weights. I buy an occasion piece but only in realistic, 1-2 carats.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

OMG... You are right. I thought my ascher cut ring in a 2 carat looked smaller than a 2 carat, but didn't measure it against another ring I have. Sure shootin it's smaller. I wonder what's up with that? I know the cut on my ascher is a lot better than the cushion one I received that resembles Shawn's solitaire cushion. Things sure are not the same from when I started shopping QVC back in "95" Somebody is sleeping at the wheeL.

Might be because a 2 carat c z stone is not the same size as a 2 carat diamond. A 2 carat c z is the size of a 1.2 carat diamond.  At one time they only used diamond equivalent weights for Diamonique.  But that's just not always the case now.  Probably because they buy from a lot of different vendors.  

Respected Contributor

@puglover1 wrote:

This will probably get deleted by QVC but has any one else noticed that the rings that Shaun presented the pick color, pick cut ones are not the size they should be?  They are smaller than the carat weight stated by quite a bit. Just wondered if any one else has noticed.

I just got a ring and I think it is at least a half carat smaller than it is supposed to be.  I was disappointed but I kept it.  Are they not checking the sizing of the stones at all?

Respected Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

Leeny, I may have the same ring you have - ascher cut and it does NOT look like 2ct.  Don't you think it is a little over a carat or 1 1/2 at best?  Hmmmmm.

Esteemed Contributor

Victoria Weick has lovely simulated stones on HSN and they are set in sterling and vermiel.  Very lovely and unique designs.  JTV has beautiful pieces also.  HSN has awesome clearance prices if you want to try one.  I have a ring from Tacori that I purchased from Q.  It is nice but does not have that sparkle.