Respected Contributor

Re: DIAMONIQUE OFFERINGS SO FAR?

I have been watching and I think the choices recently of Diamonique are cheap looking.  Years ago the designs were very elegant and classy, but lately I feel the designs are very cheap looking.  Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Meh!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen a few pieces online that are marked down or have free shipping. Sometimes it's nice to watch some sparkle just for sparkle's sake.

Honored Contributor

I purchased the pendant and drop earrings set -- 711-998 -- on HSN.  It looks absolutely lovely!

Qurate announced over a year ago they they combined the Buyers for QVC and HSN.  I find HSN Absolute designs are always fashion-forward, yet QVC designs are quite conservative and "been there done that."  I never used to shop for Absolute jewelry on HSN, but I find myself going there first now.  The problem is, they bring much fewer quantities, so they sell out quickly. 

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

I've seen a few pieces online that are marked down or have free shipping. Sometimes it's nice to watch some sparkle just for sparkle's sake.

Agree; an hour of mediocre sparkle is better than an hour of their usual repetitive junk.

Last night's "Jane in her jammies" show really didn't feature anything great.  The extremely frustrating thing about the show was they had Erin on Skype, and they were taking customer calls, and everyone was talking over everyone else because no one could hear that others were already speaking.  

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops LOL that's great! I'm glad I'm not the only one with the whole earring thing. I decided that since I'm stuck inside for goodness knows how long, I will wear a different pair of earrings every day - just to entertain myself.

Since I am washing my hands so often, I am not bothering with putting on any rings.

I didn't watch the DMQ shows - I'm not a particular fan of Erin's and having Amy in the mix made me decide to totally pass. I usually ejoy jewelry shows, too.

As another poster mentioned, I've also been wearing a stud earring at least once a week to be sure that my ears don't heal up.

Esteemed Contributor

I miss the old Diamonique days, where they had beautiful designs in colored stones (Diamonique tanzanite and sapphire). I was uninspired by their offerings; same ole, same ole stuff. I can't wear the rings because I'm a half size. One size up, too big, one size down, wayyyy too small. 

Esteemed Contributor

I miss the days when QVC jewelry was a little bit unique - in all of their lines. I have jewelry that I bought many years ago for far less $ than they are selling pieces for now that I enjoy wearing because they are different.

IMO what Q offers now is pretty boring and if not, then it is priced higher than what I want to spend.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Agree; an hour of mediocre sparkle is better than an hour of their usual repetitive junk.

Last night's "Jane in her jammies" show really didn't feature anything great.  The extremely frustrating thing about the show was they had Erin on Skype, and they were taking customer calls, and everyone was talking over everyone else because no one could hear that others were already speaking.  

Agreed! It should have been just Jane alone, taking callers. It was annoying when Erin kept talking and hyping the jewelry at the same time the callers were talking. 

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I have been watching and I think the choices recently of Diamonique are cheap looking.  Years ago the designs were very elegant and classy, but lately I feel the designs are very cheap looking.  Just my opinion.

Absolutely! I was thinking the same thing; the prices are high for sterling and gold clad and the designs are uninspiring. The days of Tacori and designer pieces are gone.