Honored Contributor

Watched the Q2 Diamonique show last night and saw a plat. clad ring (unusual) w/ 100 facets. Some may like the extra sparkle, but I think it makes the stone look fake....gives it away immediately.

Ripka sometimes uses 118 facets...same thing. The stone looks like a head light! 

The ring last night would have made a great travel wedding ring...3 different shapes, just add a band. 

Honored Contributor

I like the 100 facet stones, the big ones do look fake, well they are fake, right?

The smaller stones, half carat or less, are a bit more believable but QVC has dumbed down their Diamonique settings so much, it's just not worth it anymore.

I purchased a 100 facet bracelet last year, was so disappointed in the setting, the actual bracelet.   The stones were nice.

14K-Gold.product.J280224

I would like to purchase these but can't get past those funky prongs.

@Shanus

Honored Contributor

Re: DIAMONIQUE 100 FACETS

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

I like the 100 facet stones, the big ones do look fake, well they are fake, right?

The smaller stones, half carat or less, are a bit more believable but QVC has dumbed down their Diamonique settings so much, it's just not worth it anymore.

I purchased a 100 facet bracelet last year, was so disappointed in the setting, the actual bracelet.   The stones were nice.

14K-Gold.product.J280224

I would like to purchase these but can't get past those funky prongs.

@Shanus

@software  I compared my real engagement ring w/ the Diamonique usual facets and then w/ the 100 facets. The usual facets, although still a fake, comes closer to the look of a real diamond. That’s how I based my decision.

Tennis bracelets: I’d never purchase one in silver w/ shared prongs...silver prongs are not strong enough (theirs are too thin) to wear well. 

Respected Contributor

I've only bought one piece, it was a 14k ring.  The stone was aprox 1.5ct size.  I agree, the stone did appear more simulated than a regular brilliant cut cz the same size.