Honored Contributor

Re: DEVASTATING NEWS: Big Bonanza Silver Day Cancelled

I think bringing back a Silver Style type show would be better, not a 24 hour retread of clearance and old styles which the last BBSD was.

That type of show could be an addition/alternative  to the designer silver jewelry

Honored Contributor

@gonnab wrote:

DEVASTATING???!!  Really?   Disappointing, maybe.  Or even frustrating.  But hardly "DEVASTATING"!!.   Losing Big Bonanza Silver Day is hardly worth this drama.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the title to this thread...."Devastating"? Seriously? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama I am the same way.  I have some really nice unique pieces that didn't cost me a fortune.  Many of those are still my favorite pieces that are worn a lot.  I have bought some of the "designer" pieces, too, if they catch my eye and are not priced too high (or too encrusted in DMQ). 

Of course in the past few years BBSD has been something of a disappointment when I have watched it.  As another poster mentioned, not much new and very little of it unique.

I will watch jewelry shows, I don't watch electronics, kitchen or shows about mattresses.  To each their own, but Q has lost a lot of my interest simply because of their programming choices.

Occasional Contributor

To YOU. Apparrently the loss of the show IS deveasting to OP which is why she created this topic and used that exact word.  Who are you to tell someone what devestates them and what doesn't?

Trusted Contributor

I used to love those all day silver shows.

I find the jewelry shows on QVC lately boring and just the same old stuff rolled out over and over.

I think ever since Lisa R. left, the jewelry shows are less fun and less often for some reason.    That girl could sell jewelry, that's for sure.

Honored Contributor

"Devastating"???

In the REAL world - no.

Honored Contributor

People aren't buying jewelry. Every person has a limit to what they can spend - ok - ALMOST everyone and you can't buy every new electronic gadget, $400 purses, all your clothes at high end department stores and all the jewelry you want. All the jewelry stores are suffering.

Trusted Contributor

If you really want silver items, there are literally thousands of them listed on QVC online. Personally, I don't see the problem that the silver day is cancelled. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I certainly stopped buying jewelry when silver started to be sold for gold prices, and when gold became resin filled. It's just not worth it. 

And in general, I won't buy bronze or steel. I do have a pair of bronze earrings and a few bangles but I consider them costume jewelry (with leather.) I absolutely won't buy steel. Those are not jewelry metals. 

Respected Contributor

Webster's New World Dictionary of American English

dev·as·tat·e

1. to lay waste; make desolate; ravage; destroy
  2. to make helpless; overwhelm

QVC certainly destroyed their 27-year long history of holding this event, and the trust that customers placed in QVC that it would be celebrated each year. With a 25-hour Big Bonanza Silver Day and 24-hour Creede Silver Sale just last year, how is the absence of BBSD in 2016 not overwhelming? March 1st is sacred to silver lovers, and QVC not only yanks the celebration of silver away, but pours salt on the wound by scheduling three gold shows! Passionate silver customers are helpless- what else can we do but state our overwhelming disappointment?