Honored Contributor

I just finished watching my recording of this collection. Now there's a designer a sterling silver designer who uses clean lines to elevate the stone as the focus..

There wasn't any Diamonique or unnecessary "fluff" so this jewelry could be worn every day...at night, too.

I don't remember seeing it before on QVC. 

I purchased the long 36" onyx and crystal station necklace,  lg. gemstone drop earrings in onyx and the cushion cut ring in onyx. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: DELATORI JEWELRY COLLECTION

Pretty jewelry, but, what makes it a designer piece? Just pretty gemstones set in silver. Been there, done that.
Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
Pretty jewelry, but, what makes it a designer piece? Just pretty gemstones set in silver. Been there, done that.

Not sure what your question means? No, pretty gemstones do not make it a designer piece. It's the thought and execution put into the sterling silver design. Of course the stone choice can make or break a piece of jewelry (see PTR's drop earrings with plastic beads). A beautiful setting with a stone cut too large or small for the mounting throws off the balance of the piece. The faceting must also not underwhelm the design.

Been there done that? We're always asking for new and great designs. As a jewelry designer myself, this is one of my choices for so many reasons. 

Trusted Contributor

I didnt watch the show but did look at the Rose Quartz ring and earrings.  They are beautiful.  I have always loved Rose Quartz...

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

I didnt watch the show but did look at the Rose Quartz ring and earrings.  They are beautiful.  I have always loved Rose Quartz...

@MrsCat21  If you love Rose Quartz, I suggest you look at Rose de France. Difficult to find, but a delicate, pale pink.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@MrsCat21  If you love Rose Quartz, I suggest you look at Rose de France. Difficult to find, but a delicate, pale pink.

Excuse me...meant to say pale lavendar. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@Shanus

isn't rose de france a treated, possibly irradiated? stone as opposed to pink quartz, probably a natural stone?

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@Shanus

isn't rose de france a treated, possibly irradiated? stone as opposed to pink quartz, probably a natural stone?

The delicate lavender color is due sometimes to the natural presence of titanium dioxide....lower concentration of iron found in deeper colored amethyst. It's naturally found in Southern Brazil. I haven't personally purchased stones that have been treated. The ones I've seen and purchased are clear light lavender in color and not treated...If treated, you can usually see faint streaks of shades of color inside the stone. 

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@Shanus

The delicate lavender color is due sometimes to the natural presence of titanium dioxide....lower concentration of iron found in deeper colored amethyst. It's naturally found in Southern Brazil. I haven't personally purchased stones that have been treated. The ones I've seen and purchased are clear light lavender in color and not treated...If treated, you can usually see faint streaks of shades of color inside the stone. 

Source 
www. gemporia. com / en-us /
editorial/rose-de-france-amethyst.aspx

"Amethyst has been popular for hundreds of years but recent times have seen more and more pastel coloured gemstones at the forefront of jewellery style. Recent trends have seen Rose de France Amethyst along with other lighter toned gemstones such as Aquamarine and Citrine become very highly sought after amongst gemstone loves and style hunters alike.

It’s difficult to establish the origins of the name. Some French articles refer to the gem as ‘Fleur de France’ though to many French speaking people it is simply known as Rose de France. A beautifully feminine name that fits perfectly and is used within the industry.

The only known source of this gemstone is in Southern Brazil where its delicate color is the result of the presence of titanium oxide.

As well as possibly a lower concentration of iron than you would normally find in deeper toned Amethyst....."

Frequent Contributor

Additionally ,

source

www. gemsociety. org /article /amethyst-jewelry-and-gemstone-information/

"..........Although Siberian reigns atop the value listing, light colored amethyst has enjoyed a resurgence in popularity.

The lightest, pinkish violet shades are called “Rose de France,” a clever bit of marketing.

The artistry of gemstone faceting can shine through these gems if given fancy and unusual cuts.

This variety of quartz receives its color from the presence of iron and other trace elements as well as natural irradiation........."

😊