Honored Contributor

Although the tiny charms on thin chains are layered and earrings are smaller hoops or studs, I just can’t get on that bandwagon. Yes, my huge overpowering statement necklaces are packed away temporarily although Leah still wears them beautifully.

I enjoy an arm full of bangle bracelets, necklaces that are more substantial layered w/ my pearls, etc. Instead of a few thin 18” gold chains, I still prefer my white metals. My old diamond studs are still somewhat larger and pearl studs as well. I haven’t changed my personal style.

How has your jewelry style changed (or not) with the trends?

Contributor

I still wear the jewelry that makes me happy.  I haven't changed my jewelry with the trends.  Guess age might have something to do with it, I'm no spring chicken.

Honored Contributor

Trends are just that.  I think most of us wear what complements and appeals to us, it is what makes us an individual and have the ability to be creative and express ourselves.  I have found over the years, my taste in jewelry has changed.  The few pieces that I might wear have significant meaning which has become my priority.  So trends have little impact in my choice of jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

Dainty jewelry does not work for me as nothing about me says Dainty.

I do try to be on trend with accessories, but I do wear what I like. 

Like you, I love a good statement necklace. I still wear on occasion the more ethnic/ world market styles. Have not worn pearls in a while.

I guess that's why diamonds are forever: they are classic, go with everything from casual to formal and never, ever are out of fashion.

Some have said that a diamond tennis bracelet is no longer fashionable. I say it is when it is one of your signature jewelry pieces.

I am young enough to wear what I like and too old to care what anyone else thinks- especially some style dictator who is unknown to me.

Respected Contributor

I wear it all, happily.  Although over the last few years, I have been adding larger costume pieces, not buying delicate cold chains/pendants, for example.   

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

I like the trend but it just isn't me.  The bigger the better especially for rings.

Respected Contributor

Lately I’ve become obsessed with ditsy little earrings, which was never my style before. They are so delicate and cute. I still wear bigger ones too.

Honored Contributor

I'm not much of a follower of trends.  I wear what appeals to me the most.

Esteemed Contributor

I love it all.  I like the idea of loads of dainty.  Then it's not so dainty anymore.

I saw a Herkimer necklace that I really like over on HSN - it's a tiny piece that would fit beautifully at the neck and go on it's own or layered.

I may buy it someday.

Hope you are doing well.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I wear what I like.  I have bold and I have dainty.

I tend to go a little lighter in the summer months because heavy jewelry makes me hot.

I have always preferred white metals.