Honored Contributor

Crows Nest Jewelry

[ Edited ]

The Crows Nest is a new line of fine jewelry.  They are mostly in 18K and diamonds.  Obviously expensive, but I love the elaborate but delicate look of it.  The deigner is Daniel Belavitch.  Some of the jewelry is in yellow, white, rose, grey (yes, there is grey gold) green, purple and other colored gold.  It's all 18K though.  It's a mix of metals to bring out a color.  The price range is between $5,000.00 up to $9,000

This is a ring.  18K rose gold diamond rose leaf

18K feathered rose ring

Here is a llink Wiki on colored gold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colored_gold

Honored Contributor

I love both of those rings!!

Esteemed Contributor

Rings are very pretty, out of my price range though.  Also not really my style, like that long ring , I could never stand that on my hand!  LOL    I am much more a large gemstone girl and can purchase those in gold for a lot less.  But those who enjoy and can indulge, have fun!

Honored Contributor

if all your doing is sitting and watching TV and don't need your hands, Ok,  I guess.  Just don't go to the bathroom during commercials.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Rings are very pretty, out of my price range though.  Also not really my style, like that long ring , I could never stand that on my hand!  LOL    I am much more a large gemstone girl and can purchase those in gold for a lot less.  But those who enjoy and can indulge, have fun!

I like gemstones too.  But I dislike gemstones all by themselves.  They have to have diamonds surrounding them.  That's what makes gemstones look expensive.  The diamonds that surround them and 18K gold/platinum.  For a while silver gemstones are nice. When you first get them.  So sparkly & pretty.....but they tarnish....cleaning them would be pain.  Even precious & exotic gemstones are not that costly.  But put diamonds/gold on them & they jump out of your price range.

Honored Contributor

Very pretty!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

These pieces are not attractive.

Esteemed Contributor

I disagree about gemstones, but that's why there are differing opinions--there's plenty of jewelry to go around!

I don't buy gemstones to "look expensive" but, even if I did, there are plenty of incredibly expensive precious, semi-precious and/or exotic stones that require no diamonds to set them off to high advantage. 

The quality of the stone, its clarity, its cut and more than all that, the color set them apart.  Diamonds are just accents to the star attraction--unless the star attraction itself is a diamond!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Cute rings, but somewhat uncomfortable to wear in daily life. I do like leaves. is it one ring or several together?