Respected Contributor

I think its garish

Trusted Contributor

HIDEOUS.

Respected Contributor

Re: Creepy, Crawly Jewelry

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @Shanus  As much as I can appreciate the design

and workmanship of this bracelet, I would not like to wear it.

I have Joan Rivers bee pins and a pair of her bee earrings and I love them. I also have  butterfly jewelry and a dragonfly pin.

I guess I just don't take to spiders. I do love and have a collection of snake jewelry. ( Not that I like live snakes)

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus    As a silversmith, I'm sure you can appreciate the workmanship on this piece.  The tufa mold is hand carved from soft, porous, volcanic rock, then molten silver is poured into it.  I have such a bracelet that was made for my mother.  When I asked to see the mold, she said she threw it away.  Can you imagine?

@Kachina624   Oh, I appreciate the workmanship, carving, filing, design....I think it's a beautiful bracelet.

Many times, artists discard the mold. Sometimes it's to protect anyone from using it to duplicate the design, but most of the time after molten silver destroys it making so it is not able to be used again.

Honored Contributor

I love spider jewelry, however I don't care for the gemstones in that particular piece.

Regular Contributor

I hate real spiders but when I saw this Nikki Butler spider cuff on HSN a few years ago I had to have it!

spidercuff.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@PJinIA wrote:

I hate real spiders but when I saw this Nikki Butler spider cuff on HSN a few years ago I had to have it!

spidercuff.jpg

that cuff is so pretty!

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me but my sister would love that!   I have a few critter pieces but nothing scary looking.

My favorite one is a sterling silver lizard with turquoise pendant I bought in Arizona years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't go anywhere with that bracelet.  I don't like oxidized silver and am not fond of opaque gems either.  They do nothing for me....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I am not a critter person either in clothes or jewelry.