Regular Contributor
Anybody have any news on this. With the way the Q is doing things I'm sure there is no show, but one can hope they like their customers enough to not disappoint.
Honored Contributor

@brcala.  We've  heard there'll be no more Creede Silver Day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Was there even a Creede last year?  

Back in the day, I had been known to take the day off of work for Creede. And Gem Day, remember that one?   But that was a long time ago.  Can't imagine rescheduling an hour of my life for programming now.

Honored Contributor

@Bookplate   The last Creede Day I remember was several years ago when I was actually in Creede, Colorado on that day.  Very unique little town where they still appear to be doing some mining.

Screenshot_20210827-100230_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624   Thanks, I hadn't realized it had beens that long.  Do you remember the very early shows when they used to make the hosts dress up in prospector clothes?  I always felt sorry for them!

Valued Contributor

According to a JAI rep on Facebook who was posed the question, this year's Creede  "will be positioned as Gem Day on QVC on 10/3". 

I don't think the marketing of sales with names such as Creede and Klondike will ever return. They don't have the same cultural resonance today.

Valued Contributor

Just to add, because it made me laugh, I was watching the Jai rep video on Facebook showing their big new product for gem day (can't have a gem day without Jai - right, Kachina?!) 

The rep holds the new pink tiger's eye bracelet up to the camera and says it's so new and exciting and she can't believe how heavy it is, she would never have guessed.

Yet this is the FIFTH version of the pink tiger's eye bracelet they've done and two of the others are still on QVC. You could just pick up one of the others to see how heavy it would be.

I do like a lot of the Jai items but it's so frustrating that they just do the same thing over and over and over again, even when the previous version is still online.