Respected Contributor

Creede Silver Sale moved to October 5

Exactly 128 years after the last great silver boom of the Old West, QVC commemorates Nicholas Creede’s discovery of the Holy Moses Mine with G.I.L.I. with Jill Martin, Vionic, and Fashion's Night In.

What?

Creede.gif

After 15 years of airing Creede Silver Strike on October 2, in 1999 and from 2002-2015, QVC moves the event to Thursday, October 5 with 21 hours on QVC Live and 2 on QVC2.

Let’s recap the past year:

California Gold Rush was all-day January 24 as instituted in 1988.

Big Bonanza Silver Day was all-day March 1 as begun in 1989.

Gem Day was 21 hours in February, but 24 hours in July.

Klondike Gold Rush was all-day August 17, as it has been since 1988, plus 3 additional hours.

Why is Creede the only jewelry event to come in under 24-hours in 2017, and on the wrong date moreover? After cancelling the event in 2016, you'd think QVC would bring it back on the correct date, as they had with the aforementioned jewelry events (as customers requested). Creede Silver Strike is treated as the ugly-red-headed step-child of QVC jewelry events.

Honored Contributor

Re: Creede Silver Sale moved to October 5

Three or four years ago on Creede Silver Day, October 2nd, I was in Creede.  It's a funny little town built on the side of a mountain, about 2 streets wide.  The fire engine is kept in an empty mine's entrance.   There are still signs of mining activity.  It was a rough place in its day and never saw the likes of GILI or Jill Martin. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't know why they did it, but as long as they are having it, not sure why you're upset.

A few hours less doesn't seem terrible.

I love the silver I bought in the past.  Not crazy about all the oxidized stuff now, as I think it mutes the brightness of silver.  But, it will cycle around again and it's just personal taste.  It is gorgeous artistically, but it disappoints me in brightness.

Gold isn't very exciting anymore either!  I guess I have enough of both!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003- totally agree with every single point you've made.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the update. Purist will not buy anything except 925 silver. Do not care who's name or where from. Looking forward to the shows. This is the first time I'm watching live over six months.
Respected Contributor

I am in TOTAL agreement, @banned again  !!  Cooking shows, Garden Day, Gold shows and even fashion events (which I do like) are ALL DAY.

I have been watching since Q's inception, and to me silver was one of the reasons this channel made it this far

Give us our whole day-TWICE a year!!  

Whatever happened to our monthly Silver Savings-errrr Silver Style???

And those shows were mainly NOT designer names, just nice quality silver at lower prices than any where else!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

No big deal that Creede Silver is on a different day and 3 hours less also no big deal to me.  It is not like there would be 3 hours of more items, just repeats of items that have already been shown.  3 hours less is OK with me.  I do miss the Sunday Silver Style show that was on for so many years.  I have a good number of items purchased on those

Sunday mornings.  I always look forward to Creede silver - take the day it is on off from work as I really enjoy watching.

Respected Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:
Give us our whole day-TWICE a year!!  

It took QVC until 2003 to have two 24-hour silver events yearly, yet two gold events were broadcast every year since 1988! I don't think it's too much to ask of QVC to give Creede its own whole day while they still do so for gold- and then some! Instead they put it on the same day as the beauty awards and you know that's all they'll be talking about all day.

Honored Contributor

You  make a good point but I find myself watching less & less.

I will check out the website, I'd love to have a bold, organic looking bangle.

@banned again

Honored Contributor

devoting an entire day to silver jewelry sales is probably not in the best interest in regards to the bottom line. for several quarters now jewelry sales are down. i dont think you can expect them to devote an entire day to this anymore.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein