Honored Contributor

Ever want to buy something you know is a ridiculous thing to own?

I don't wear bracelets and I don't collect Ripka, but I just saw Judith's multi-stone cuff once again.  I don't know what I'd do with it, but I love it anyway. Thanks heavens it's so expensive.  That makes it resistable for me, yet I keep thinking about it.  Is there a better definition of crazy?

Honored Contributor

@millieshops

Yes- these from BB are ridiculous. 2K+ for both.

Barbara Bixby Sterling & 18K Gemstone Paisly 6 1/2 Bracelet - J322500

Barbara Bixby Sterling & 18K Gemstone Paisley 6 1/2 Bracelet - J322497

Honored Contributor

Yes. I don't wear necklaces but I wear bracelets. I cannot stand anything around my neck. Sometimes when I see a necklace I want to buy I say why I won't wear it. 

Super Contributor

I often see things that I like, clothes, shoes, jewelry, handbags, etc but have to resist buying because I know I couldn't pull off wearing it. My style in my mind is more what I wish it was, not what it really is lol.

Valued Contributor

Re: Crazy wants.

[ Edited ]

I purchased both of these from BB collection.  Thanks to QVC easy pay.  They are both exceptional collector pieses I will own and wear for a lifetime.

Honored Contributor

When I see things that I love, love love but can't buy because they are too expensive or because they don't fit into my lifestyle and I know I'll never wear them,,,,,I put them in my shopping cart.   And then a few days later when I'm sane again, I delete them.   I know it's weird but just putting things in my shopping cart make me as happy as if I was actually buying them.

Respected Contributor

Yes.  There are lots of gemstones I don't have and would love to own.  But for some reason, my mind hasn't been on gemstones lately - I've been wanting a second horse.  It makes no sense to do this since I'm the only one in my family who rides and I've got a wonderful young gelding who takes me safely on the trail and makes me laugh with his antics in the pasture.

Still....would love to get a Rocky Mountain Horse to replace the one I lost to cancer.  Crazy for sure.  An expensive alexandrite or several carat diamond would be cheaper in the long run...a whole lot cheaper.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Ever want to buy something you know is a ridiculous thing to own?

I don't wear bracelets and I don't collect Ripka, but I just saw Judith's multi-stone cuff once again.  I don't know what I'd do with it, but I love it anyway. Thanks heavens it's so expensive.  That makes it resistable for me, yet I keep thinking about it.  Is there a better definition of crazy?

@millieshops

I don't think of it that way.   That multi stone cuff with the black spinels catches my eye every time.  I admire the workmanship and enjoy looking at it .... but it's not my style.  

I also enjoy the workmanship of homes built by architects that I would never want to live it.

I think it's more about admiring quality and workmanship.