Respected Contributor

Courtney's Diamonds

[ Edited ]

I watched a little bit of a gold jewelry show the other night and Courtney was the host.  I don't think I've ever seen  such a "chunk" of diamonds on anyone in my life.

Beautiful rings for sure.

Trusted Contributor

I've noticed them in the past.  Beautiful for sure.  Hope she wears them in good health!

Honored Contributor

Shawn's was always pretty sharp too

Honored Contributor

I often wonder how people afford such a thing...especially when young. Crass, I know, but I don't care... I still wonder.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I often wonder how people afford such a thing...especially when young. Crass, I know, but I don't care... I still wonder.

In my family, for generations, the father of the groom purchased the ring (of the bride's choosing). I guess it just became tradition.

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I watched a little bit of a gold jewelry show the other night and Courtney was the host.  I don't think I've ever seen  such a "chunk" of diamonds on anyone in my life.

Not too long ago I posted about the huge diamond worn by the Wander makeup vendor that I found distracting. Most people jumped down my throat. So now everyone's noticing host's diamonds? 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

They may get pretty good deals because of their connections.  I also wonder about their homes.  Lisa Robertson's is amazing and I remember hearing that Amy was having one built.  Of course property may be less expensive there I am on the west coast and the house that Lisa lives in would cost a fortune here. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Not too long ago I posted about the huge diamond worn by the Wander makeup vendor that I found distracting. Most people jumped down my throat. So now everyone's noticing host's diamonds? 

Why would they jump down your throat??? frankly I would probably think the same thing.  I watch Wendy Williams show and I am telling you her wedding ring could have a show of it's own LOL.  Of course she said this ring took time to build.  She upgrades every so often.  This was not her original ring.  I have observed that many guests will start looking at her ring and rave about how gorgeous it is.  So they are distracted as well.  I think you are in good company.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Why would they jump down your throat??? frankly I would probably think the same thing.  I watch Wendy Williams show and I am telling you her wedding ring could have a show of it's own LOL.  Of course she said this ring took time to build.  She upgrades every so often.  This was not her original ring.  I have observed that many guests will start looking at her ring and rave about how gorgeous it is.  So they are distracted as well.  I think you are in good company.Smiley Happy

Guess you'd have to check the OP, but to summarize, I said wearing a huge (maybe 10 carat solitaire) fake or not, while presenting a makeup line is distracting. She was of course using her hands a lot to explain the products. My point was if you're trying to sell a fairly new to QVC line, you don't want to come across like "buy it or not, I've already made my millions".