Super Contributor

Re: Courtney K Must Love Cartier

DenimCo, could I ask who do they copy wth this pendant? It is a cute design.

Respected Contributor

@alice87 It was a trend in 1998 (I have the Diamonique one) but I'm not aware of where the design came from.

Honored Contributor

I don't care how hosts do their hair, what jewelry they wear, what clothes they wear, etc.

Honored Contributor

who wouldn't ?

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I agree with @SilleeMee, but even if they are real it doesn't mean that she afforded them because of her Q salary.

She/her husband/family could be independently wealthy or she saved for a long time to afford them.

Regardless, good on her if that's what she wanted and can buy them, 'real' or not!

I agee with @SilleeMee.  Who knows if they're real.  Also, anyone these days can go into debt and purchase anything.    Having "nice things" these days can be a sign of being in debt.   

Trusted Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@Jersey Born 

9th Annual Gem Day Today's Special Value

Sunday, June 14, 1998

J-58913 Choice of Gem Fireball Slide Pendant with Chain, 14K Gold

Garnet: J-51348, Citrine: J-51345, Peridot: J-51354, Blue Topaz: J-51352, Amethyst: J-51358

QVC Price: $189.00 TSV Price: $157.32

Wow, I have this in garnet. 

Honored Contributor

Did anyone mention the fact these hosts might have come from wealthy generous families?

Respected Contributor

I used to  go to Flea Markets in the Hamptons. One vendor who made the rounds sold an array of high-end knockoffs - she sold the faux Cartier Love bracelets including the tiny screwdriver. the good knock-offs are the ones that can't be removed .

Aldo Cipullo designed the Love Bracelet in 1969 in his own studio, not Cartier's. He brought the sample to Cartier

It is rumored that Cartier once prohibited customers from buying Love bracelets for themselves, with a policy stating that they could only be purchased by a couple.

It has been rumored that originally, the bracelets were made of silver and plated in gold, but then Cartier moved to producing them in solid gold. The diamond-studded Love bracelet was first introduced to the public in 1979, ten years after the original was designed.  Cartier Love Bracelet 10 facts Town&Countrymag

$250 each! 18k

an advertisement for the cartier love bracelet

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@candyagain  Why is it appropriate to guess how much Kourtney earns or speculate how much her jewelry costs? 

She is a public figure @Janey2 That's the other side to all the perks she gets. We get to speculate. 

Just think the more she gets you to buy the more she can afford to buy expensive jewelry. 

Respected Contributor

That Knockoff Vendor was finally arrested by the way and others were bagged too...