Honored Contributor

Re: Could " From the Vault " presentaions improve

Maybe Rick was as deadly bored as I was.  I didn't watch continuously all day but I thought it was one long dull day and seemed to go on forever.  Worse than mattress day.   Same old, tired designs and stones shown over and over. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@depglass I agree but in my case, if it is not a finished undergallery I don't buy it. For me, having that open undergallery makes a ring very uncomfortable to wear.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee I am so with you. I wish they would have the mm size of the stone listed on the website at least. Having the measurement of the piece in "inches" doesn't help me know what I'm buying. Plus the size on TV and the website can be misleading.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch the Q jewelry shows.  If I'm interested in an item I go check it out on the website to try to get the info they didn't give in the presentation.  If it's not there, too bad, so sad, I'm not buying without details.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Contributor

Amy Stran does a good job at showing whatever jewelry she is presenting. Putting the ring, earrings, etc on, showing the back of earrings, putting the ring on multiple rings, showing the under gallery, etc.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lol, yes, Jane likes to talk about irrelevent subjects when she interrupts the vendor.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

Watched  " From the Vault " presentation with Peyton & JT.   Didn't appear  much changed  from the last time I watched back in Dec.  Why no mention of the  3 C's abt the diamonds that are on  the various gemstone  pieces ? Why doesn't the Host show the back of the ring or the  inside of the band . I knew enough to go online abt a couple of pieces that caught my interest. One ring did mention the color and clarity of the diamonds.  However,  the only view of the ring was the front , so without being able to look at a ring 360 degrees , I'm not interested .  You'd think that  the vendor would atleast ask the Host to properly showcase their wares  since they are touting them as so unique.

I think QVC has changed in that very little thought is put in its presentations.  They used to be much better.  The presentations in fashions and accessories, which is what I watch most, are inadequate.  What you describe is a good example.  In fashions, the models rarely show us how clothes look from behind, and we are lucky if we see a model at all.  Most of the fashions are shown in hangers.

They introduced a new bag in several colors in Q2 only, and I saw several taped presentations.  Most of them didn't show the inside or features of the handbag, and only one showed the colors.  But they showed the bags without straps, which also had different colors.  They didn't even mention that.

I watched Jane Rudolph Tracy presenting some Laurie Felt pants yesterday go on and on about how much she loved the silky denim that she thought she was presenting and how many she had, and when Laurie Felt was finally able to speak she had to explain these were not silky denim, but a new material she was debuting.

Are they planning to do away with the video programming?

If the presentations continue to deteriorate, at some point the quality will be so poor, that we won't care if they go away.

Esteemed Contributor

@alice87 wrote:

Lol, yes, Jane likes to talk about irrelevent subjects when she interrupts the vendor.

That Laurie Felt show that I mentioned, Jane Rudolph Tracey was the host, and Laurie kept begging her to let her speak, since almost everything JRT said was irrelevant and wrong.

Laurie had a trench coat, and JRT had to tell us that when her daughter was a baby, no, second grade, she was walking down Rodeo Drive in a trench coat, and everyone was stopping her to tell her how much they admire the coat.  Really?  A second grader?  Did it look like Laurie's coat?

🤦🏽🤦🏽🤦🏽

Super Contributor

Can you believe it? Not me. Talking about her own family all the time make no sense.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Watched  " From the Vault " presentation with Peyton & JT.   Didn't appear  much changed  from the last time I watched back in Dec.  Why no mention of the  3 C's abt the diamonds that are on  the various gemstone  pieces ? Why doesn't the Host show the back of the ring or the  inside of the band . I knew enough to go online abt a couple of pieces that caught my interest. One ring did mention the color and clarity of the diamonds.  However,  the only view of the ring was the front , so without being able to look at a ring 360 degrees , I'm not interested .  You'd think that  the vendor would atleast ask the Host to properly showcase their wares  since they are touting them as so unique.

That won't happen because a lot of what is being sold the quality is best kept a secret. Sharing diamonds are I2 quality would prevent a sale more than likely make one...