Esteemed Contributor

Could " From the Vault " presentaions improve

[ Edited ]

Watched  " From the Vault " presentation with Peyton & JT.   Didn't appear  much changed  from the last time I watched back in Dec.  Why no mention of the  3 C's abt the diamonds that are on  the various gemstone  pieces ? Why doesn't the Host show the back of the ring or the  inside of the band . I knew enough to go online abt a couple of pieces that caught my interest. One ring did mention the color and clarity of the diamonds.  However,  the only view of the ring was the front , so without being able to look at a ring 360 degrees , I'm not interested .  You'd think that  the vendor would atleast ask the Host to properly showcase their wares  since they are touting them as so unique.

Honored Contributor

Re: Could " From the Vault " presentaions improve

I adore Peyton Kelly.  Apart from being extremely knowledgeable, he seems so incredibly warm, authentic, and considerate.  

I think it can be very difficult to interject, when the vendor is on Skype, and not sound pushy or trying to correct the host.  Walking that balance is easier for some than others.

I watched off & on all day yesterday.  Jeff Moseley, and Michelle Lau interjected several times in different shows when the host apparently missed key points of information, or didn't fully display the jewelry.  I think Jeff was a little abrupt sometimes, but he did get his points across for the shopper.  Michelle is charming and did it a bit smoother and better.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I agree 100%. I really like this black opal that was in the finale with Rick and Jeff asked him to show the underside of the ring.  You would think with as long as Rick as been hosting he would know this.  Michelle Lau is so nice and so informative.  

Super Contributor

@Pecky  I agree with your observation of Rick. On nearly all of the jewelry presentations, he no longer shows the details of the item, especially rings. He has taken to just wiggling the jewelry stand back and forth. I know he's trying to show the reflection of the light, which is fine. I just wish he'd stop the wiggle for a moment, pull the item off the stand and show the details.

Just a pet peeve of mine as I do enjoy Rick, especially with Valerie.

Honored Contributor

Showing the inside of the ring is very important to me.  An open undergalery vs. a finished undergallery changes the size I order.

Honored Contributor

My only issue was the sound.  Whatever company that can come up with an audio system for remote presentations that is pretty much flawless in quality is going to make a fortune.  

Honored Contributor

Carat weights need to be shown on screen. Either that or show the measurement (mm size) of the stone(s).

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I did see 2 items that I would have liked to add to my collection, however since the Host lacked  knowledge to properly display the ring 360.  I also had to go online to obtain additional info  abt the two rings as the Host and the vendor mentioned nothing .  QVC poorly discribes and displays  items they are trying to sell for $$$ . So, adios I will buy elsewhere.  I was actually looking for earrings  but did not see any that I had even entertained buying. Would have liked to see more styles of drop earrings  from their " Vault " rather than the hoops.

Trusted Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

@Pecky  I agree with your observation of Rick. On nearly all of the jewelry presentations, he no longer shows the details of the item, especially rings. He has taken to just wiggling the jewelry stand back and forth. I know he's trying to show the reflection of the light, which is fine. I just wish he'd stop the wiggle for a moment, pull the item off the stand and show the details.

Just a pet peeve of mine as I do enjoy Rick, especially with Valerie.

I saw him recently doing a jewelry presentation and he looked like he was subbing for someone.  I think if he is tired of doing jewelry shows he should opt out.  I remember when he first started doing jewelry shows he was very good and pointed out a lot of details.  Now it seems like he talks too fast and rushes through the showing IMO.

Respected Contributor

Nope, they don't have time to give any true meaningful details about the jewerly because their prime focus is to frantically talk a mile a minute like the building's on fire hoping you will purchase the item before the whole place goes up in smoke. It's obvious the QVC hosts have been attending "Whipping up the Crowd" classes now for quite awhile. I think Jane T. is lead instructor. Woman Frustrated