Respected Contributor

Re: Could it be they are listening?

I was surprised when I opened that box the other day how many pieces of JR jewelry I own.

But none of these pieces were purchased in the last three or four years. The prices have just gone way past the point of no return for me. It used to be some gold, real gemstones, great chains, and unique designs. Now it seems more cookie cutter, all silver (at best) and not only Diamonique, but I think I heard some crystals as well. Yet the prices keep rising.

Sorry, I liked her work in the beginning, but it just doesn't grab my attention anymore.

Super Contributor

On 6/23/2014 fthunt said:

Money is tight these days - lots of people out of work - health insurance going up and up - as well as gasoline cost. Pay check to pay check is the norm for many now.

That's for sure, especially when you have kids - college, cars, food, etc...........

Super Contributor

On 6/23/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/23/2014 ennui1 said:

Listening? That would imply that they care what we think. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

They care when sales are off and returns are high!

When jewelry sales are off, they show more electronics. When returns are high, they send more Letters. They don't care.

Contributor

I hope so. The last TSV was priced well, and so is the next one. Plus the cost of silver and gold is way down from where it was. I think all the jewelry prices should drop from that alone. I do love Judith's jewelry, but there is a huge amount of it in inventory. I definitely buy more on clearance than the regular price.

Honored Contributor

On 6/23/2014 ennui1 said:

Listening? That would imply that they care what we think.

The truth has been spoken.
Honored Contributor

I'd like to think they listen, but I don't think that's it... Even their version of clearance is not like pretty much anybody else's.... Sometimes the savings are significant and sometimes they're almost laughable. When they're truly significant that just says how high the mark-up was in the first place. True deals seem pretty rare around here.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...