Honored Contributor

I'm looking at a few different options for wedding jewelry (I'm the MOB). I don't get dressed fancy for anything so I know whatever I end up with will be a one time wear - maybe again for a festive Christmas or NYE outfit, but that's it.  For that reason, I don't want to spend a lot.  There are pretty sets on Amazon that are super reasonably priced and with good reviews overall.  Still, I'm a little skeptical.  Looking for some feedback, if you've personally gone this route. Thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Costume Jewelry - Amazon

@JeanLouiseFinch I have bought several pairs of inexpensive earrings on Amazon and I've loved them. It is so easy to return things on Amazon and get refunded quickly, it takes away some of the risk (yes, I've returned some, too). I would definitely go that route if I were you.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  You can't go wrong with pearls.  There are some nice costume ones out there.

Are there any consignment stores where you live?  You may be able to get some nice costume jewelry and be able to see it in person.

I'm not a huge Amazon fan, but if I was looking for costume jewelry, and since there are zero consignment shops around where I live, I would check Macy's online.  They have a lot of nice costume jewelry that is reasonably priced.  Even found some 60" strands of pearls in the "last act" section, around $20 for a 60" length that you could do a double or triple stack with.  Free shipping is usually available for a minimum purchase and you can always return easily if needed. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Pearls,absolutely!

Esteemed Contributor

My suggestion would be Heidi Daus on HSN.  Just put Heidi Daus Clearance in the HSN search bar, lots of good sale prices right now.   Though I am no into faux jewels that much I do own a few of her pieces, a beautiful watch with crystals and 2 necklaces.  All depends on what you like, some is over the top while others are more simplified.  She does put Swarovski Crystals in all her jewelry.  Have fun shopping!    

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  You can't go wrong with pearls.  There are some nice costume ones out there.

Are there any consignment stores where you live?  You may be able to get some nice costume jewelry and be able to see it in person.

I'm not a huge Amazon fan, but if I was looking for costume jewelry, and since there are zero consignment shops around where I live, I would check Macy's online.  They have a lot of nice costume jewelry that is reasonably priced.  Even found some 60" strands of pearls in the "last act" section, around $20 for a 60" length that you could do a double or triple stack with.  Free shipping is usually available for a minimum purchase and you can always return easily if needed. 

I actually have my own pearls.  My gown has a little rhinestone bling on the front of the waistband so I was thinking rhinestone jewelry.  I will check out Macy's, though. Thanks @CAcableGirl2 

Honored Contributor

That's the one thing I've never owned.  Costume jewelry. For a while I even thought silver was costume jewelry.  I asked a co worker if costume jewelry is valuable.  She said yes. Some of them. Was Joan Rivers's jewelry costume jewerly?

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Do you have your dress yet?  It depends on the neckline, color and fabric.  Amazon does have nice pieces as does Dillard's and Macy's.  Nordstrom has beautiful pieces depending on how much you want to spend.  One of my MOB dresses only needed earrings which took me longer to find than the dress and shoes.  2nd one simple pearls.  MOG simple gold earrings.  Of course your style drives the whole thing.  Enjoy the weeding,

Honored Contributor

Yes, @mspatmac, I have my dress.  Rose colored chiffon, floor length, v-neck, appliqués all over the bodice, sheer 3/4 sleeves with more appliqués, clear bead work at the center of the waistband.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Yes, @mspatmac, I have my dress.  Rose colored chiffon, floor length, v-neck, appliqués all over the bodice, sheer 3/4 sleeves with more appliqués, clear bead work at the center of the waistband.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Oh it sounds lovely and IMHO I would keep the jewelry simple as not to distract form the intricacies of the dress.  Pearls always work or a thin gold necklace (as the dress has a V neck)  Nothing sparkly.  Others will have wonderful suggestions better than mine I'm sure. I tend to let the dress be the star.  You might have to try a few things before you decide.  Good Luck.  I'm sure you will look beautiful.