Honored Contributor

Re: Costume Jewelry - Amazon

@songbird   Joan's own jewelry was not costume, but all the jewelry I bought from Joan here is costume.

There's plenty of beautiful costume jewelry, including lots that ends up in museum collections.  Most likely, however, not many pieces we buy mass market.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   If you are able, I would love to see a picture of the dress.  That may spark some great ideas on what kind or what size jewelry to wear.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@songbird ..............In the jewelry world I dont know what the experts consider costume jewelry, but I personally have always considered any jewelry that was NOT gold, silver or platinum even with gem stones was costume.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

OP--can you borrow something from a friend to wear? 

Respected Contributor

OK don't laugh.  i like the real deal myself but i've found a few nice costume jewelry items at CVS.  one is an artisan design hammered rose gold-tone cuff.  always get compliments on it.    plus i can use ExtraBucks.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

OP--can you borrow something from a friend to wear? 

That's a possibility.  I also have some Diamonique that's more on the simple side - an eternity bracelet with square stones and a matching short necklace.  I could wear simple stud earings or maybe get something a little dangley.  I believe the cz's would look better with my gown than pearls.

Respected Contributor

Diamonds are a girl's best friend LOL.  I wore diamond stud earrings along with a diamond tennis bracelet.  My gown sounds somewhat like yours, and I opted out of a necklace with all the beautiful detail on the top of my gown.  Enjoy this wonderful occasion.