Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry on HSN - Tucson gem shows

I really don't watch HSN anymore, but still like Jay King jewelry, so went to the HSN website to see what they have.

It's a bonanza of gorgeous gem jewelry in honor of the Tucson gem show.

I just learned that HSN host Connie Craig Carroll has a jewelry line with real gemstones in base metal.

Has anyone tried it?

So many pieces are just my style, and the prices are good because they are on non-precious metals.

I would love to read from anyone who has tried this line.  Opinions about quality.

The pieces are just gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

Re: Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry on HSN - Tucson gem shows

Spoiler
Spoiler

I don't have any because its all set in gold plated base metal which is costume jewelry.  Not only would I not buy it for that reason, I wear nothing but silver.  Many of the stones she uses would look better set in silver metal so its a shame she never uses it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Connie had had her jewelry line for a few years. I have s suite of rode quartz.  Esrrings, necklace, ring, bracelets that I purchased over about a year and a half.  The rose quartz is a beautiful, soft pink.  You see the pink.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your response @chrystaltree.  Any opinion on how the metal wears?

I can see what you say about the gemstones.  That is what drew me in.  Can't wait to see in person.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar  I see that you posted some time ago that you bought some Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry.

If you could please share how is the quality holding up.

TIA!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

I don't have any because its all set in gold plated base metal which is costume jewelry.  Not only would I not buy it for that reason, I wear nothing but silver.  Many of the stones she uses would look better set in silver metal so its a shame she never uses it.

@Kachina624   THANK YOU for stating this.  She has brought out some beautiful designs but NOTHING is in a white medal. I don't understand why because she's losing an entire customer base who only wear white medal and, as you stated, many of the stones look FAR better in white vs gold metal. Shame.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe I belong to a FB group called HSN Shop Squad, and there is some chatter there about her pieces and the recent gem shows.  There is one particular member who has quite a bit of her jewelry and posts pics of herself wearing it to work.  She has a lot of class and style and knows how to dress.  If you are on FB, you might consider joining this group.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe I wear both, silver and gold though not usually together, but I digress, LOL!   I do own a couple of her pieces, a pair of opal earrings and a malachite pendant.

Both of which are very pretty and while I can be sensitive to non precious metals I have had no problems with her jewelry.  I normally only wear "real" silver and gold but I take pieces like hers on vacations as they hold up and are so reasonably priced!   I recommend to give her line a try.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @FiddleDeeDee 

I am a "gold" girl!  I wear some silver but gold looks better on me.  I think it depends on your complexion.  You don't see me complaining that Jai is not offered in gold.  I will happily take the fake gold of Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry instead!  No desire to pay the price of gold at this time.  But I can afford a piece or 2 of fashion jewelry, if the quality is there.

HSN used to carry a lot of Technibond, which was actually really durable gold plating, indistinguishable in appearance from gold.  I wonder why it went away.  I wish I had bought more.

I am posting here some of the pieces I have my eye on.

I still would love to hear from people with jewelry from this line about the quality of the "gold".  The gemstones and designs are dreamy...

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Livy 36" Chalcedony Station Necklace

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Reid Pear Gemstone Drop Earrings

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Reid Pear Gemstone Drop Earrings

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Kendra Magnesite Station Bracelet

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Cassidy Hammered Open Earrings

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Marlo Gemstone Bead Chandelier Earrings

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Reid Pear Gemstone Solitaire Ring

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Tatum Multi-Gemstone Beaded Necklace

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Lynn Zircon-Accented Drop Earrings

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Lauren Baroque Toggle Bracelet

Connie Craig Carroll Jewelry Jacqueline Gem 3pc Stretch Bracelet Set

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Ainhisg and @LindaSal!. I am not on facebook, but I'll try to get a peek.  I gather the poster is happy with her pieces though!