Honored Contributor

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

I agree that the Italian show was not up to par this time. They need to freshen it up with Antonella as the host and spend more time showing the jewelry on the models or on Antonella's beautiful hands. When you have a host that has beautiful hands and shows the jewelry so well, why do you need a model? Antonella would look just as beautiful as LR and the woman speaks the language which would be delightful to hear spoken between she and the vendors.

Honored Contributor

D Oro, that was a great explanation of how these trips work. I'm really surprised at how many people have no idea how businesses operate and what goes on to bring products to market. It's truly mind boggling. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I think the Italian factories are thrilled to have this exposure .... and business ... from QVC. While the wealthy will always buy what they like in fine jewelry, the skyrocketing costs of gold, silver and platinum have seriously affected their businesses. This is keeping many artisans and factories above water financially ..... and QVC gets to offer something unique. For those that still want to pay the high prices for gold jewelry, they have a few select pieces.

I'm not a huge fan of the Bronzo jewelry, (I wear only the silver metals), but the stuff you can buy at Macys or Nordstroms for the same price ranges isn't all that great, either.

For women who want to see something "new", QVC has certainly tried to deliver new styles in reasonable price ranges ..... Bronzo, Black Spinel, Pearls, Ripka, Carolyn Pollack, Hagit Gorali, Honora, etc. There's a lot to choose from. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Also .... the comments about Antonella .... she has a big family, and maybe she has no interest in going to Italy for a week at a time. Those trips are very time consuming and grueling, as anyone who's ever traveled for business can tell you.

Lastly, when Lisa was presenting the jewelry, it looked like she was sitting on a thin wall .... all I kept thinking is Gee, I sure hope she's sitting on a PILLOW! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 little miss sunshine said:
On 6/16/2014 Alexa6352 said:

I'm wondering why does she have to go to Italy at all? She seems to go to Vincenza every year and we see the same things. She dresses up in beautiful gowns,like she's at a BIG EVENT.. What a waste of money. I don't think the viewers really care if she's in Italy or Pa.Let the buyers go and bring back all the samples and shoot all the shows from West Chester PA..Just my opinion...

I agree wholeheartedly with you.

I agree too.

It hardly matters that she's there. I think they try to pump it up like it's some kind of huge global event, but it's really just an on-location shopping channel presentation that most of the world is completely unaware of. So much time & money goes into something like that - It seems super-wasteful.

The whole gown business is a huge turn-off to me. Way too overdone.

Kiss

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/16/2014 maryebrown said:
On 6/16/2014 Skylands said:

I also want to say that If you are going to send someone to Italy,if you feel you must shoot the shows from there: Why not send Antonella to Italy?..She's Italian and SPEAKS ITALIAN! Oh I know.....she doesn't look as good as Lisa...Who cares? Do they really think the shoppers care about Faux Tans and Ball gowns???

Antonella? She is entertaining but certainly not a fit for a glamorous villa location in Italy. More like a bull in a China shop. She may be Italian, funny, nice, but lacks sophistication and poise.

wow

I agree with the "wow!"

Seriously? Antonella doesn't look good enough to be worthy of a villa location? Is that how superficial we really want to be? Being Italian, knowing the language, and having an authentic enthusiasm doesn't count for anything?

I don't happen to think that Lisa is all that glamorous or sophisticated, so if we're going by that, I don't either of them should be doing these shows. But I really do not think we should be going by that. I'm not a huge fan of either of these women, but give me "funny & nice" any day of the week!

"Not fit for a glamorous villa location"? In other words, not worthy, not deserving, somehow inferior? Unbelievable!

Kiss

Super Contributor

I'm wondering why does she have to go to Italy at all? She seems to go to Vincenza every year and we see the same things. She dresses up in beautiful gowns,like she's at a BIG EVENT.. What a waste of money. I don't think the viewers really care if she's in Italy or Pa.Let the buyers go and bring back all the samples and shoot all the shows from West Chester PA..Just my opinion...

I totally agree with you, and you know it costs a pretty penny to do those shows. Don't impress me at all. I stopped watching years ago.

Bring it to the Q, and quit spending so much money, which we end up paying for in higher prices, and shipping fees. And yes, ugh, those models. What a waste !

Don't care for the scenery, the stories, or any of it, she can stay home and relay the same info, and save a fortune.

Get smart Q, we don't have to have all that to boost sales.

Super Contributor

QVC is getting so boring. Everything repeats itself. Nothing is new or exciting. At least if Antonella or someone else went it would give a refreshing perspective. I'm so tired of Lisa doing all of the big events.

There are so many other hosts who can do the job, probably better. Mary Beth comes to mind.

Regular Contributor

I agree with you, Remee........110%!!!

Honored Contributor

On 6/23/2014 Remee said:

I totally agree with you, and you know it costs a pretty penny to do those shows. Don't impress me at all. I stopped watching years ago.

Bring it to the Q, and quit spending so much money, which we end up paying for in higher prices, and shipping fees. And yes, ugh, those models. What a waste !

Don't care for the scenery, the stories, or any of it, she can stay home and relay the same info, and save a fortune.

Get smart Q, we don't have to have all that to boost sales.

For all you know, the trips are totally paid for by the Italian Tourism Bureau as a huge promotional extravaganza .... and to help promote the Italian factories.

Some people also don't realize that the Vincenza jewelry events ARE a big event.

QVC has all sorts of promotional events during the year, and they are budgeted as part of Marketing. There's no way there isn't some "promotional consideration" given to QVC.

Do you also believe that if David Venable goes to a city for a promotional tour that this raises the cost of all QVC's kitchen gadgets? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Sheesh.

Respected Contributor

I like all of QVC's remotes. I hope QVC continues them. I wish they could sell all gold jewelry 14Kt and 18kt, but gold is way too expensive to sell mass amounts of gold jewelry. To fulfill everyones desire for new jewelry they had to come up with new ideas. I among other people wish I had purchased more gold jewelry in the day.

Super Contributor

Thank you Tinkrbl44. You made a lot of good points. Sometimes people do not care to hear the facts if it doesn't fit their point of view.