Super Contributor
This has nothing to do with Lisa. She looked gorgeous and did a great job. And I did enjoy the clips of the Italian scenery. My complaint is the camera work during the show. The camera crew didn't show close ups very often especially for the earrings. It was difficult to see them on Lisa and on the models. I suppose they use an Italian production company so perhaps that's the "norm" for them. Anyone else agree that the camera work was not the best?
Super Contributor

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

I do not think the models there that they use are very good either. I am sure they have a contract to only hire Italian models, but, they look so sad and forlorn. Never a smile or hint of a smile. They do not show the jewelry at its best.

Valued Contributor

I'm wondering why does she have to go to Italy at all? She seems to go to Vincenza every year and we see the same things. She dresses up in beautiful gowns,like she's at a BIG EVENT.. What a waste of money. I don't think the viewers really care if she's in Italy or Pa.Let the buyers go and bring back all the samples and shoot all the shows from West Chester PA..Just my opinion...

Super Contributor

It's rare to get a close-up of anything on QVC, no matter the location.

Super Contributor

Gazelle....yes, I agree about the models. They never crack a smile and seem bored to tears.
Super Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Alexa6352 said:

I'm wondering why does she have to go to Italy at all? She seems to go to Vincenza every year and we see the same things. She dresses up in beautiful gowns,like she's at a BIG EVENT.. What a waste of money. I don't think the viewers really care if she's in Italy or Pa.Let the buyers go and bring back all the samples and shoot all the shows from West Chester PA..Just my opinion...

I agree wholeheartedly with you.

Respected Contributor

I'm beginning to agree that the live show from Italy is ridiculous. I enjoy the scenery and the clips though.

I'd much rather see more affordable prices with REAL metal. Sterling and gold....enough already with the junk that will have NO value in the future. Some of it is very pretty but I think the prices are so out of line.

I actually had a couple of pieces in my cart and then I came to my senses. Even the SS prices were too high.

I wish the Q would go back to regular SS pieces and get rid of some of these designers. I have so many beautiful pieces from years ago that have "no designer affiliation" to them.

I hate that they don't give a gram weight on most pieces anymore, so there is no way to tell if you are getting a value or not. How do you possible know how much gold there is around a synthetic resin interior?

I know the "old day" will never be back, but I think they could a lot better with the styles and the prices.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Alexa6352 said:

I agree - a huge waste of money.

Honored Contributor

It just seems like they make a big deal out of junk.

More people tune in to see what Lisa is wearing...

Honored Contributor

Absolutely agree that it's a total waste, especially given that they bring an Italian lady here to do some presenting during the shows!!!!! What sense does that make??? Lisa, the American, goes to Italy to do the show and the other lady, an Italian, comes here to do the shows in PA? What am I missing????

The only time I watched was some of Jill's show. And that, only because of nostalgia. It put me in mind of her old Sunday jewelry shows (except then, the offerings were better). Didn't buy a thing.

Oh, and never would I buy anything that has a 90-day lead time. No thank you.