Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 62,808
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

Nope, it's not about the host, though those who probably don't care for her in the first place likely see it that way... These shows used to be fun. The venues still are. I enjoy the 'travelogue' aspect of the broadcast and used to enjoy the jewelry, gowns and overall difference from the typical QVC programming. Historically, it's just been a fun, pretty and different experience. After the past few years of less than desirable jewelry, overall, and lots of repetition of the same pieces, I can't say I enjoy it as much, but certainly the history, beautiful villas and gorgeous gowns are still very worthwhile, regardless of who's wearing them...


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,299
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

I thought it was strange to have such a luxury feel to the setting and the trip and then sell such cheap items. The point of all the romance is to feel like you want to take part in it. It kind of ruins the feeling to not show fine jewelry. And if the jewelry is supposed to be designed by Italians, then have some of them on the show.

I like the high production values and they probably pay for themselves several times over by getting people's attention and attracting more viewers. They should do more of that. Infotainment is a huge moneymaker. But if a show's vibe is special and elevated, the products should match.

To answer the OP: Location camerawork is always going to be worse than studio camerawork. Especially shooting outside with weather and ever-changing light to contend with.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor
Posts: 62,808
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

On 6/16/2014 Porcelain said:

I thought it was strange to have such a luxury feel to the setting and the trip and then sell such cheap items. The point of all the romance is to feel like you want to take part in it. It kind of ruins the feeling to not show fine jewelry. And if the jewelry is supposed to be designed by Italians, then have some of them on the show.

I like the high production values and they probably pay for themselves several times over by getting people's attention and attracting more viewers. They should do more of that. Infotainment is a huge moneymaker. But if a show's vibe is special and elevated, the products should match.

To answer the OP: Location camerawork is always going to be worse than studio camerawork. Especially shooting outside with weather and ever-changing light to contend with.

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more. Or as someone said on another thread, all dressed up and nothing to sell... You'd think for one lousy show a year they could've thrown caution to the wind, really stepped up and shown truly fine Italian jewelry. Really, for just one show would it have been absolutely devastating to deep six the Bronzo, black spinel, fake diamonds, crystals and the rest of the costume jewelry they already toss out there at every turn...?


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,299
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

On 6/16/2014 stevieb said:
On 6/16/2014 Porcelain said:

I thought it was strange to have such a luxury feel to the setting and the trip and then sell such cheap items. The point of all the romance is to feel like you want to take part in it. It kind of ruins the feeling to not show fine jewelry. And if the jewelry is supposed to be designed by Italians, then have some of them on the show.

I like the high production values and they probably pay for themselves several times over by getting people's attention and attracting more viewers. They should do more of that. Infotainment is a huge moneymaker. But if a show's vibe is special and elevated, the products should match.

To answer the OP: Location camerawork is always going to be worse than studio camerawork. Especially shooting outside with weather and ever-changing light to contend with.

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more. Or as someone said on another thread, all dressed up and nothing to sell... You'd think for one lousy show a year they could've thrown caution to the wind, really stepped up and shown truly fine Italian jewelry. Really, for just one show would it have been absolutely devastating to deep six the Bronzo, black spinel, fake diamonds, crystals and the rest of the costume jewelry they already toss out there at every turn...?

Totally agree. It's like how they always have at least one crazy expensive espresso maker for sale for at Starbucks. Most people don't buy them, but when someone does the profit is sky high. And in the meantime, the schmancy machine classes up the joint just by being there and the high price makes even the highest priced coffee drinks seem like chump change. It's all relative and all about the overall presentation.

They could leverage location shoots in Europe and elsewhere in the same way.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor
Posts: 50
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

Well, guess I am the "lone ranger" here. I enjoyed the Live! shows very much, as I do each and every year and this year?? My birthday was yesterday and so it was Great for me!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Thought Lisa looked just lovely and her presentations are always (at least for me) well thought out and informative. Of course I was disappointed that not much "real" 14kt Gold was presented....just like last year, and what is Up with THAT Q???{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Had some nice solid

14kt Gold Necklace Chains been presented, that would of made me super Happy. I did order

several items. Turq and Gold (Bronzo) Necklace with matching Bracelet (LOVE Turq and

Gold, but the Bracelet at close to 200 duckies for Bronzo IS way tooo much!!), 5 Coin

Pendants (2 for gifts), TSV (needed some close to the ear, more "hefty" looking earring),

Black Spinel Hoop Earrings ( Bronzo Gold) to go with my 14kt gold spinel necklace and the

Sterling Silver Diamond Cut Multi Strand Necklace....2---one for me and one for little Sis'.

Guess I will have to wait for the Gold Rush Shows to see more 14/18kt GOLD, but I still enjoy these shows and I guess 'cause even though they are showing sooo Much "Bronzo" and "Clad"....I have around 20 pieces of Bronzo and they have held up Wonderfully, well except for 2 pieces (one by Honora when they lst "started" with Bronzo) and they were pretty "bad"{#emotions_dlg.crying}. I LOVE jewelry and have a good time mixing my metals; been doing that for over 20 years.

Anywhooo, I am having a difficult time with the posts that are stating that Lisa was not in Italy doing this last show. I would imagine THAT would be a very very Difficult SECRET to Keep under wraps!!!{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Hope that those of you who watched enjoyed the shows and I too hope that in the future the Q goes "back" to presenting 14kt Gold when doing the Live! from Italy Shows.

smiles

moondust

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,108
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

We all pay for those trips. By the way? Has anyone seen David the jewelry guy? Good grief! He was on air every time I turned on QVC! I was afraid he was going to keel over.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,299
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

On 6/16/2014 annabellethecat said:

We all pay for those trips. By the way? Has anyone seen David the jewelry guy? Good grief! He was on air every time I turned on QVC! I was afraid he was going to keel over.

No we don't. We don't pay their electric bills either. They have production and operations money set aside. Pricing is separate.

If they just set up a cardboard box and camera in a warehouse and used hand puppets to show items, we consumers wouldn't automatically get to pay less for our necklaces.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor
Posts: 28
Registered: ‎09-28-2010

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

Thank you OP! I totally agree!!! I was thinking the exact same thing. I wanted to see the wavy hoop earrings in the worst way but no close-ups!!! I actually got on the website to look at bracelet and also I'd wait for the studio "beauty shot" to see detail. And yes, I was missing Suzanne, Stacey, and all our other PA models. One of them kept darting her eyes to the monitor--VERY DISTRACTING. And enough mean comments about Antonella. I'm sure she would act appropriately if she did the shows. Even Lisa presents differently when she is there. She is very refined and elegant with no zany antics.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,108
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

I am pleased to say I didn't watch them. I think the whole thing is pompas (that word is misspelled but I am tired of looking it up) and besides you get the message. Annabelle!

Humph!

Super Contributor
Posts: 407
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

Yes, I did miss the Q models. I know they would have done a better job. I agree with BenzGirl.....sometimes we (or at least I know that I do) take the Q models for granted. I bought the coin bracelet and pendant. I've wanted these pieces for a very long time. I just hope they look good in person because the camera work was so bad that I really didn't get a good look at them. I hope those of you that ordered pieces during the event really enjoy them. And those of you (myself included) that want real gold.....well, let's hope QVC hears us and starts providing us with the nice pieces we want.