Honored Contributor

Re: Collen Lopez Smart Deal Opal Bracelet

@lmt wrote:

Opals are my weakness. They're also my birthstone.

I have many pieces of opal jewelry - Australian, Ethiopian and even created opals. Some of my most beautiful pieces are the created ones. But I love them all.

As luck would have it, I just happened to be channel surfing when I saw Colleen presenting this opal bracelet and I jumped to order it. I got the smallest size, the 7X5mm. I thought the size of the stones would be perfect for me.

I recently purchased the Bali RoManse Ethiopian ring and I can't wait to see how the bracelet looks with the ring. BTW, the ring is simply stunning!!!

Bali RoManse Sterling Silver and 18K Ethiopian Opal 3-Stone Ring

@lmt I love your ring.  I did see when Robert presented it and almost ordered it.  I am so glad you are loving it.  I can't wait to get Colleen's bracelet.  The colors were just spectacular!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I received my opal bracelet today.  Here's my review of it:

The opals in the bracelet are a decent, noticeable size.  The silver looks very modern and spare with its high polish and lack of texture. The clasp is secure, but it has a small rectangle of silver that is visible when the clasp is closed. There are 19 opals in the average sized bracelet, and 15 of those stones have a good amount of fire in them, two have a little bit of color play, and the remaining two stones have no color play at all and look like translucent blue chalcedony. As opal has almost no weight to it, and as there is not a lot of silver in this piece, the bracelet feels lightweight.  However, there is more than enough silver to secure the stones and make the bracelet feel adequate and not chintzy in weight.  

All that said, it is a keeper for me.  It is lovely, very pretty, actually, and it showcases all of my favorite colors in opal--green, orange, blue, and pink. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Collen Lopez Smart Deal Olkypal Bracelet

@Jersey Born wrote:

Well, I received my opal bracelet today.  Here's my review of it:

The opals in the bracelet are a decent, noticeable size.  The silver looks very modern and spare with its high polish and lack of texture. The clasp is secure, but it has a small rectangle of silver that is visible when the clasp is closed. There are 19 opals in the average sized bracelet, and 15 of those stones have a good amount of fire in them, two have a little bit of color play, and the remaining two stones have no color play at all and look like translucent blue chalcedony. As opal has almost no weight to it, and as there is not a lot of silver in this piece, the bracelet feels lightweight.  However, there is more than enough silver to secure the stones and make the bracelet feel adequate and not chintzy in weight.  

All that said, it is a keeper for me.  It is lovely, very pretty, actually, and it showcases all of my favorite colors in opal--green, orange, blue, and pink. 

@Jersey Born I received mine as well. I have 20 stones in the small 8x6mm and 13 of them have some color and the other 7 are pretty milky in color.  There is a dark spot underneath one of them.  I'm not sure if I am keeping it.  I am so glad you are happy with yours.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky - Sorry you are not over the moon with your opal bracelet. I know you will make the decision that is best for you whether to keep it or send it back. Can the dark spot be removed with a bit of soap and water and gentle rubbing, or is it part of the stone? 

Not to worry, however. If it is not this bracelet, it will surely be another. Opals, labradorite, kunzite, pearls, and rainbow moonstone are so hard to purchase online without seeing them in person first. It is a leap of faith to order them online.  

Honored Contributor

From Colleen's Facebook page...the ring is coming soon, supposidly called 'ring of mirrors'

Screenshot_2021-04-12-15-01-22.png

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born   Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that you're happy with your bracelet. You're right that it's a leap of faith to purchase opals without actually seeing them in person. You never know what play of color, or lack thereof, you'll get. 

@Pecky   I'm sorry to hear how disappointed you are with your bracelet. One or two milky stones wouldn't be too bad, but seven stones is quite a bit. I wouldn't be happy about that either.

I haven't received my bracelet yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. 

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@Jersey Born   Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that you're happy with your bracelet. You're right that it's a leap of faith to purchase opals without actually seeing them in person. You never know what play of color, or lack thereof, you'll get. 

@Pecky   I'm sorry to hear how disappointed you are with your bracelet. One or two milky stones wouldn't be too bad, but seven stones is quite a bit. I wouldn't be happy about that either.

I haven't received my bracelet yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. 

@lmt I am looking forward to see what you think about  your bracelet.  Today is sunny and there seems to be a little more color to the opals but once the sun is gone back to blah.  I see there are a few reviews on it.  One is great and the other two not so much.

Honored Contributor

Back when I bought my welo bracelet (from ShopLC), I purchased three of them that day b/c I knew there would be variations in the stones. When they arrived I wore all three to inspect them for about a week then decided which one was the best one to keep. I sent two bracelets back and kept the one. It was worth spending money on shipping both ways b/c I got a very nice bracelet out of that deal.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is a very wise way to purchase opal jewelry, @SilleeMee .  When opal is good, it is spectacular.  When opal is not good, there is no point in purchasing it.  

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born 

You know when sometimes the host tells you to 'buy multiples'...in that case it does make sense...LOL!