Honored Contributor

Collen Lopez Smart Deal Opal Bracelet

She has this in three size opals.  They are stunning Ethopian opals.  The picture doesn't do it justice but the presentation showed every color in the opals.  This one is the largest at 9x7mm. 757-059

Colleen Lopez 9x7mm Oval Ethiopian Opal Tennis Bracelet

Respected Contributor

Re: Collen Lopez Smart Deal Opal Bracelet

@Pecky 

I don't watch that shopping channel much at all, but I just flipped through some channels yesterday.  I don't buy much jewelry either. but I did see those opal bracelets.  They are beautiful.  WOW.  If I had anywhere to wear it, I would purchase the medium size stone bracelet.  Gorgeous!  For those of you who do purchase, enjoy those pieces.

Respected Contributor

Opals are so fragile.  An opal tennis bracelet seems pretty risky to me.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I bought a welo opal bracelet a few years ago. The stones are 7x5 and they have excellent color. I got it from ShopLC when they had it as a special value. It's one of my faves. I would imagine the 9x7 stones would be even more beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Welo opals are much more sturdy than traditional opals.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Welo opals are much more sturdy than traditional opals.

@SilleeMee I'm not usually a fan of lab created gems- but for this reason I prefer lab created opals!

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Peaches McPhee    Ethiopia Opals are quite different from fragile Australian Opals.  They are not water-based and do not dry out and become brittle.  They are quite sturdy and more colorful than the Australian variety. They've about put Australia out of business. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a Welo black opal ring from QVC.  Colors are beautiful within the stone, red, purple, green..  I once ordered a Lightning Ridge black opal from one of the stations Paul Deasey worked at and it was black, period.  No colors inside stone.  It went back.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought a welo opal bracelet a few years ago. The stones are 7x5 and they have excellent color. I got it from ShopLC when they had it as a special value. It's one of my faves. I would imagine the 9x7 stones would be even more beautiful.

I watch ShopLC too! It feels like old school home shopping over there. And all kinds of jewelry: from items I would not even want to give away to really beautiful pieces.

I bought princess cut moissanite earrings from them a few months ago and I'm very pleased with them. Sometimes their offerings really do tempt me.

Their Welo opals are spectacular. The color play on those. And their Tanzanites have amazing color. Before watching them I was more accustomed to pale purple versions. Shop LC sure seems to sell a lot of rubies and Russian chrome diopside as well.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 

I have a pair of created BLACK opals and they are so gorgeous. I could never afford the real thing in that quality of color. Lab opals in general are really beautiful, especially the big stones.