Honored Contributor

Re: Colleen on HSN selling jewelry

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shelbelle    They are not Wolf boxes.  Colleen developed this line years ago.  The brand name is Prestige.  They are tarnish resistant, which the Wolf boxes I've seen, are not.   I never have to polish silver and I have a lot. 

I was not sure, thanks for letting me know. I think Wolf was also sold on SHQ when Chuck was on. 

I still have big  nylon pouches I bought on Q years ago called Preserve, these are great and do keep the silver and vermeil tarnish free. I have several, one for gold, one I use for silver. They are filled with individual plastic see thru holders for the jewelry on the inside. And all have a tarnish free lining. I dont think Q carried them for long

Honored Contributor

The Wolf boxes are anti-tarnish with a patented "LusterLoc" lining.

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb 

I nearly choked laughing when she started with the Tanzanite mine story...like you said that mine has been closing/closed as long as I've watched HSN.

Dan Dennis on HSN used to go on and on about the mine closing...You've got to wonder just how much material they took out of that hole in the ground that they are still making jewelry Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

JTV has the best selection of quality tanzi, stones that have lots of deep color saturation. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Growing 

I hear you and would agree....

However, even if she is lying, she's doing a great job at it...I look at it this way...most sales rely on lies at some point...some big...some little.  I understand the process.

I gave up watching years ago and, the few times I'm doing a "drive by" I can only take a few minutes at a time.  And, don't get me started on clothing sizes and the XXXXXXS that they all wear Cat LOL

I've gotten to the point that I don't impulse buy, so I don't care what they say.

Super Contributor

I no longer get HSN on my tv, & miss it.  Colleen has always been such a class act. Very smooth.  I remember watching & laughing with her & Suzanne late into the night. Where has time gone? Marybeth, Lisa Mason and so many others!  Joan Rivers & Lisa, Kathy Levine...the newer hosts are fine but not like their predecessors.  Oh well. Progress, I guess. 

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman     I missed  "my chance" when Dan was hawking the tanzanite.......Solid gold settings, and not expensive, either.   NOW the stuff is going for THOUSANDS.......     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I bought a set of Colleen's boxes today.  I own several of the Wolf boxes and they are anti tarnish as well as the Prestigue.  I bought them several years ago on Shop HQ when they were on sale and were a great buy.  They are now more expensive than Colleen's boxes (I checked the prices on tv before I ordered the Colleen boxes today).  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

The boxes do look nice...but I've no drawers to store them in, and no need for them anyway.

I have the original Lori Greiner mirrored jewelry armoire, that has served me very well, and is full now. Everything has stayed anti-tarnished for years and years. The rest that don't need anti-tarnished storage, are either hanging in a Joan Rivers closet bag organizer, and some in another small jewelry box, bought years ago on the "Victorian" show on QVC...remember those? ..circa 2003 or so...I used to love those shows. Still have a few things from them.

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb 

I do remember the Victorian shows.  Some very pretty things were offered.

At the time, I was building my Victorian dream home and...found a few things to use.  

It was a fun and different show to watch.  Those days seem long gone, don't then?