Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 .  Your rings are spectacular and like you I particularly like modern design, love your family friend George's rings, stunning.   You mentioned they were your parents' rings, do they fit and can you wear them?

And thanks for the Otteson info re: the tours, they still have them!  You meet at the Giggle Springs gas station for the tour, that gave me a chuckle.

With winter over now it's time to get on the road and would love to go there.  Will keep on eye on that area for estate sales and see if they still have them, many in our area have gone to online auctions yuk.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123   Mother's ring fits me fine; dad's has a sizing bar inside the band to make it smaller so I wear it too.  I wear his the most as I love it's color.

The area around Tonepah is I think very desolate high desert, rolling hills and probably not estate sale territory.  I believe it's not far off I-70.  I noticed UPS has a terminal there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

LOVE that shade of blue!  Beautiful piece!!!

Honored Contributor

Could never warm up to Turquoise.  Used to wonder if something wrong with me....LOL.  One of the very few women who dislike Turquoise.  Not just that, but any kind of gemstone that is cabochon and not cut.

Esteemed Contributor

oh wow @Kachina624 how beautiful that is!

Esteemed Contributor

Those are spectacular and what a wonderful thing to have the collection with a family connection.

Honored Contributor

I've bought 2 watches from the Southwest Indian Foundation. dang good watches. One turquoise inlay the other spiny oyster.

they hound U to death though.