On 1/12/2015 Kzeks said:

Look at these from Or Paz...

Sterling Silver Textured Leaf Earring Climbers by Or PazJ321922

Beautiful! Different than most, too.

Super Contributor

Yes, I like the one from Or Paz... I will get on a wait list

for these...

Regular Contributor

These have been around at least 15 years, they just changed the name, they used to be called ear pins. A woman I worked with have several pairs and she was in her 50s. They looked nice on her.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the answer is yes AND no.

My mother (a much older woman in her 80's) would look ridiculous in them. Her older sister would totally rock them (heck, she probably bought them herself!) I think it has to do with your attitude and all around style.

Super Contributor
I did laugh out loud when Courtney could not position it on her ear so that it would stay put during PMS.
Super Contributor

These have been around like was said about 15 years. A company on SHOPHQ used to sell them . I have a pair of 14K long rose ones from them, I'm 65 now and still wear them! Just got the sliver leaves from the Q I'm old enough to wear what I want !!!

Esteemed Contributor

IMO, people should wear what they like - sometimes you just want to wear something fun and jewelry is a nice way to do that.

BTW, I thought watching courtney trying to put those DMQ climber earrings on last night in PM style was pretty funny AND also a good way to lose sales on them because Courtney was having a heck of a time getting them to be right on her ear. IMO the director/producer whoever was running the show should have switched to Suzanne who had them on the right way already.

Watching that presentation has sort of cooled my thoughts about buying a pair.

Super Contributor

Love the earrings, you are not to old to wear them!

Honored Contributor
On 1/12/2015 jackyl said:

These have been around at least 15 years, they just changed the name, they used to be called ear pins. A woman I worked with have several pairs and she was in her 50s. They looked nice on her.

Even longer ago than that.Smile

As I mentioned on the earlier thread, one of our family is a silversmith/goldsmith, and he said he was making and selling ear pins and earcuffs (those are non-pierced) in the 1980s.

Everything old is new again! I agree, wear what makes you happy!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

The earrings that Courtney was trying on will not work on just anybody. She has small ear auricles/ear flaps and that fish hook will not hold. That is a very cheap way to design earrings. Some have large, thick ear flaps. That fish hook method is cheap. After buying several pairs, I am through with that. If a company cannot make a good earring, adios. You need ear glue to hold them in place. What?!?