Regular Contributor

Hi -- I'm wondering if I can put my sterling silver and platinum clad Diamonique rings in the jewelry cleaner I got from Littman's Jewelers that I use for my fine jewelry.  Do you think it would be okay?  Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning Diamonique rings

I can't tell you about YOUR cleaner.  I just use HSN's cleaner and one I'd bought from QVC.  I've never had a problem with my diamonique and their mystery metal.  

I will tell you that once I left (for a few weeks) a diamonique ring in the container that held jewelry cleaner and it turned the metal a weird color.  

But that's my mistake.  I should never have left the ring sitting for weeks in the solution.  

Again, I've sprayed the HSN jewelry cleaner and some QVC jewelry cleaner and never had a problem.

I'd suggest you try your's out on a ring  (i.e. diamonique) that you never wear, just in case.  I wouldn't try it out on some of my favorite pieces if you aren't sure how it will come out.

Regular Contributor

Good idea -- thank you!  I will try that.

I'm wondering about it in the long run, too, though... perhaps maybe it won't look any different initially, but will it wear down the metal mixture over time?  At this point, I only use it on my white gold diamond wedding rings.

Super Contributor

When the gallery is dirty and I can't get to it with a polishing cloth, I use Precious cleaner which is available here on QVC. It only takes about 30 seconds with a toothbrush (make sure you don't use the toothbrush for anything else!) and they look like new.

Otherwise, go to eBay and search sunshine polishing cloth. The yellow ones. I buy about ten at a time; they're cheaper that way. Just be sure to keep them in their airtight bag between uses, or put them into a Ziploc bag or something similar. They do an amazing job cleaning jewelry, as long as the dirt isn't under the stone, as mentioned in the above paragraph.

Regular Contributor

Thank you!  I'll be sure to check out those suggestions!! :-)

Respected Contributor

Don't use anything with ammonia.  Plated metals don't do well in it.

Regular Contributor

Oh, ok -- thank you!  I'll check first.

Honored Contributor

I’ve always cleaned my diamonique jewelry the same way I clean my diamonds. I use the same solutions & even my steam cleaner & sonic machine. My polishing wheel, no! 

Regular Contributor

Thank you, Shanus!