Regular Contributor

Chuck's Ceylon Blue on cruise

did anyone buy it? I bought a few pieces: 2 bands that are beautiful and huggie earrings, but the ring that was host pick was way to dark. will probably send that back.

any thoughts would be appreciated

Honored Contributor

Re: Chuck's Ceylon Blue on cruise

I bought a Ceylon band from him last year that I thought was a bit light.  Since I'm not sure what Ceylon is supposed to be anyway, I kept it.  Cornflower is the color I'm hoping for one of these days, everything seems too light or virtually black.  

Respected Contributor

@depglass @Forrest3   Yes, I have some Ceylon sapphires set in gold that I bought over 20 years ago when they were more common.  The optimum color is cornflower blue, although a lighter sky blue was also very prominent and acceptible in those days.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@Forrest3 wrote:

did anyone buy it? I bought a few pieces: 2 bands that are beautiful and huggie earrings, but the ring that was host pick was way to dark. will probably send that back.

any thoughts would be appreciated

Last year I purchased several pieces of Ceylon Peach and Blue from Chuck and the colors were beautiful so when he introduced new pieces in the peach I ordered a ring and matching earrings. The color and quality was so different from that last order. The peach was much lighter and there was no brilliance to the stones. It looked like a lower grade of gemstone and the post were bent on the earrings so I returned both items for a refund.