Respected Contributor

Re: Chuck's 25th Anniversary...

I wish just to watch those old shows with Ramsey's, Carlo Viani, Sonia, Omar Torres, the Brazilian designers.... just for fun....

The industry is dead , probably will never return to the former glory.  Now it is an era of iPhones...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@NewerNickname wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have been watching Evine since 2001, and have never seen Chuck gone at any time.

No, neither have I. I wonder if the previous poster was thinking of John Ramsey. He and his wife Laura used to sell beautiful gemstone jewelry back in the ValueVision days, but then they had big financial problems and had to restructure/sell their business. They came back after a while but weren't on much longer after that.

@NewerNickname, John and Laura were on HSN for awhile.  Then left and went back to Evine and now I believe they are once again back to HSN.

The Ramseys have not been on TV in many, many years. Could you be thinking of the Jacobs couple who had a line of silver pieces, they were on Evine, went to HSN, and back to Evine, but not seen them in a long time.

@Shelbelle, color me red.  I am thinking about the Jacobs.  Geez.  Sorry about that.

They are back on HSN again with a line called Travelers Journey.  They are generally with Colleen in a Silver Gallery show.

Honored Contributor

Remember Trader Jack and Bezhad from Evine many years ago? I have a diamnond wedding band from Bezhad, got it for a song, and it is still gorgeous.

Contributor

Chucks, jewelry is now made in CHINA.  I have not ordered anything from him in years.  Michaels is the same, also CHINA.  Who wants this junk?  You don't really know what metal you are getting.  Also Gem Insider is a joke.  I wish the good old Shop NBC was back with heavy gold  and diamonds.  Who wants white spinel?  As far as I know there is no diamond shortage, even small ones.  I miss Charla and the 18kt gold days.  Even Sonia Bitton has a huge mark up, but I still order from her on sales.  

Honored Contributor

@annie-g wrote:

Chucks, jewelry is now made in CHINA.  I have not ordered anything from him in years.  Michaels is the same, also CHINA.  Who wants this junk?  You don't really know what metal you are getting.  Also Gem Insider is a joke.  I wish the good old Shop NBC was back with heavy gold  and diamonds.  Who wants white spinel?  As far as I know there is no diamond shortage, even small ones.  I miss Charla and the 18kt gold days.  Even Sonia Bitton has a huge mark up, but I still order from her on sales.  

Do you mean white zircon?  I didn't watch much this last time Chuck was on but I didn't know he was selling white spinel but I know he uses a lot of white zircon.

I personally love white zircon.  I have a pair of inside/outside hoop earrings that never fail to get compliments because people think they are diamonds and I also have a couple of white zircon band rings from JTV that always get compliments for the same reason. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@NewerNickname wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have been watching Evine since 2001, and have never seen Chuck gone at any time.

No, neither have I. I wonder if the previous poster was thinking of John Ramsey. He and his wife Laura used to sell beautiful gemstone jewelry back in the ValueVision days, but then they had big financial problems and had to restructure/sell their business. They came back after a while but weren't on much longer after that.

@NewerNickname, John and Laura were on HSN for awhile.  Then left and went back to Evine and now I believe they are once again back to HSN.

They were the Ramseys.  They used to sell some costly gems.  I remember seeing a Santa Maria Aquamarine that was selling for $45,000.00  I haven't seen them since they left ShopNBC

Honored Contributor

@annie-g wrote:

My feeling exactly!!  I miss that jewelry.  My husband found them before I did.  That was when he got me that 38 gram 18K Omega for our anniversary.  That was  when they had all that heavy gold under $400.00.  I remember those huge Omegas!