Respected Contributor

I have a nycii  bracelet set with all sapphires - circles encrusted with orange, pink, yellow and blue and a matching circle enhancer . The bracelet links are set in white zircon.  enhancer bale white zircon.

it's really pretty and the stones are very secure.  they're really the only pieces i purchased from Chuck, they were so unusual... guess its from around 2005-2006 Shopnbc.  i had to get a jeweler to add a circle link to the bracelet it was a size 7, too small,  with a fold-over clasp but i made it work.  if i can ever figure out how to post the pics from my phone, i will.

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

I have a nycii  bracelet set with all sapphires - circles encrusted with orange, pink, yellow and blue and a matching circle enhancer . The bracelet links are set in white zircon.  enhancer bale white zircon.

it's really pretty and the stones are very secure.  they're really the only pieces i purchased from Chuck, they were so unusual... guess its from around 2005-2006 Shopnbc.  i had to get a jeweler to add a circle link to the bracelet it was a size 7, too small,  with a fold-over clasp but i made it work.  if i can ever figure out how to post the pics from my phone, i will.

@CatsyCline that would be so nice.  I bought some of his NYC II pieces in rhodolite garnet and iolite.  Then, some stuff in rose gold over silver with morganite.  The morganite has paled a little since I first got it.  I was wondering if that's happening because of the jewelry keeper I have it in.  Then gain it could be any non permanent treatment they did to the stones.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Contributor
Don't know about an actual divorce but it appears that he is no longer with his wife Kathy or children. Other than Blake who works with him, none of his other children are even friends with him on Facebook and he never mentions any of them. Something clearly happened. His kids (even his eldest Ryan from his first marriage) don't appear to be in his life. On Shophq he had them all on the show over the years and spoke constantly of them. Now nothing, for years! It's very sad. They all seemed to be such a lovely close family. You never really know what goes on behind closed doors. I wish all of them well though.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@MissouriMom wrote:
Don't know about an actual divorce but it appears that he is no longer with his wife Kathy or children. Other than Blake who works with him, none of his other children are even friends with him on Facebook and he never mentions any of them. Something clearly happened. His kids (even his eldest Ryan from his first marriage) don't appear to be in his life. On Shophq he had them all on the show over the years and spoke constantly of them. Now nothing, for years! It's very sad. They all seemed to be such a lovely close family. You never really know what goes on behind closed doors. I wish all of them well though.

This is just speculation and gossip. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

Re: Chuck Clemency

[ Edited ]

Why are there less jewelry shows on QVC & HSN?    I thought those shows got a lot of viewers.

You hardly see any.   It seems it's more cleaning products, yard stuff, or clothes or Josie Moran.

I miss Paul Deasy on air, Chuck, Joel from Honora, Michael Dawkins, etc.

Nothing is the same anymore anywhere.

Honored Contributor

@Black Cat Back wrote:

Why are there less jewelry shows on QVC & HSN?    I thought those shows got a lot of viewers.

You hardly see any.   It seems it's more cleaning products, yard stuff, or clothes or Josie Moran.

I miss Paul Deasy on air, Chuck, Joel from Honora, Michael Dawkins, etc.

Nothing is the same anymore anywhere.

Seems to me that most older shoppers are not interested in buying new jewelry. Most appear to be passing it along or selling it off. On the other end of the shopping spectrum are the younger people who would rather buy experiences than spend money on jewelry.  Jewelry shows are scaled back to fit the landscape of shoppers.

Honored Contributor

Kathy Levine's first book stated that jewelry amounted to 35% of QVC's sales.  That is a staggering amount, even for the old days.  As time went on more and more sellers jumped on this bandwagon and profits were diluted.  So they reduced air time.  It is really hard to compete with companies like Shop LC  and JTV with their bare bones prices.

Contributor
No, just common sense and logic...
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I live in Texas and you could not pay me enough to live in Austin! You are right that he has fallen. Gee from $1999.00 to $19.99! LOL!

@Sapphiregal   I don't know when you last watched ShopLC but there are many items which are priced higher than $1999.00.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@CatsyCline that would be so nice.  I bought some of his NYC II pieces in rhodolite garnet and iolite.  Then, some stuff in rose gold over silver with morganite.  The morganite has paled a little since I first got it.  I was wondering if that's happening because of the jewelry keeper I have it in.  Then gain it could be any non permanent treatment they did to the stones.

@gertrudecloset 

idk if you remember this post but here is the sapphire and zircon bracelet from Chuck's NYC ii.

the enhancer is on the left  -  just over the round link on the bracelet.  

the bracelet was 7" - i need at least a 7 1/4"  - so i took the bracelet to a jeweler and she used a SS link i gave her to "extend" the bracelet.  The clasp is a fold-over style.  

the bracelet flips on me unless i twist the SS link a certain way. all the links are articulated (?) so they drape and move. 

it's really pretty. i rarely wore the enhancer- it makes a nice set...

nycii.jpg